Thread: 2011 Silverado I just licensed yesterday shows "Unlicensed"

2011 Silverado I just licensed yesterday shows "Unlicensed"

Yesterday I did a full read and pulled the stock file from my buddy's 2011 Silverado 5.3L/6A. I brought it in my house, did a "Save As" which asked me to license it. I bought 2 new credits, spent them and wrote the tune myself from scratch.

Today I plugged into his truck to upload the tune and it shows "unlicensed," can't even load the stock tune. I have resynced my interface and restarted my laptop. If I have to buy more credits, I'm going to f#%$ing scream because it will kill almost all my profit.

I searched through half a dozen "unlicensed error" threads but they all had more obvious issues like using a different interface or using someone else's licensed file.

2011_Chevy_Silverado_Stock.hpt
    Last edited by cp-the-nerd; 05-03-2020 at 12:06 PM.
    2017 Chevy SS 6.2L/6M

Slow down and read the prompt when it asks you to license it again. It will say what you do not have a license for.

If the screen says GM FSCM or something like that it means you read the fuel pump control module and to make changes to that you need a license.

If you don't want to do that you need to do a read entire again and uncheck the FPCM box when you read the new file. Copy over your changes to this new file and it should let you write it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Slow down and read the prompt when it asks you to license it again. It will say what you do not have a license for.

If the screen says GM FSCM or something like that it means you read the fuel pump control module and to make changes to that you need a license.

If you don't want to do that you need to do a read entire again and uncheck the FPCM box when you read the new file. Copy over your changes to this new file and it should let you write it.
    It appears you are correct. I don't have access to the truck I'm tuning until next weekend, but I did indeed pull the FSCM the first time. Thank you for the response.
    2017 Chevy SS 6.2L/6M