Thread: 12 Silverado Hard Start

Tuner in Training Turbostangs90's Avatar

12 Silverado Hard Start

The guy had a cam installed. 5.3ltr with a BTR stage 4. Im pretty certain the cam card showed apprx 5 degrees overlap. Now ever since the truck has been really hard to start. Ive messed with cranking VE, the timing tables....but nothing seems to be helping. Tune attached, maybe im not seeing something.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2009 CTSV Sedan CRT
    TMS 427, Modified Huron Twin Kit, BW-S369s, Greg Good CNC Brodix BR7s, Lil Jon Turbo Cam, PTC converter spec'd by Dusty Bradford, ID1700s, FORE Fuel System, built 6l90

1990 Mustang tuned using Holley EFI

Tuner in Training
    Try this
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by AlbaderQ8 View Post
    Try this
    Thanks for the help, but the cranking process is still dragging and taking a really long time.
    2009 CTSV Sedan CRT
    TMS 427, Modified Huron Twin Kit, BW-S369s, Greg Good CNC Brodix BR7s, Lil Jon Turbo Cam, PTC converter spec'd by Dusty Bradford, ID1700s, FORE Fuel System, built 6l90

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ^yes that should help
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Thanks a lot guys, He is coming over this evening and Im gonna flash it in to see how it helps.
    2009 CTSV Sedan CRT

Ok I tried this tune...it didnt help. The high Base Running Airflow had the idle super high, and the Start Up Air Flow had the inital idle right at start up very high. Once I lowered them both back down to where I was originally the rpm's at start up and idle where normal.

All that was done on this truck was a DOD delete and a cam swap. It shouldnt be so hard to start. He is getting an intermittent cam sensor error, and I told him to try changing that. The truck runs great except for the extreme long time to start.
    2009 CTSV Sedan CRT

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbostangs90 View Post
    Ok I tried this tune...it didnt help. The high Base Running Airflow had the idle super high, and the Start Up Air Flow had the inital idle right at start up very high. Once I lowered them both back down to where I was originally the rpm's at start up and idle where normal.

All that was done on this truck was a DOD delete and a cam swap. It shouldnt be so hard to start. He is getting an intermittent cam sensor error, and I told him to try changing that. The truck runs great except for the extreme long time to start.

Check the jumper plug for the cam sensor. I had a buddy bitten by that during a TSP cam swap. The jumper appeared to be ok, but when checked with an ohm meter it had high resistance.

Advanced Tuner
    check cam counts on VCM scanner