Thread: Can I use a Bosche Lsu 4.9 sensor?

Potential Tuner

Can I use a Bosche Lsu 4.9 sensor?

Just got hptuners and my vehicle has a Innovate PSN-1 gauge which runs on a Bosche lsu 4.9 sensor. Is there any way to get this to work with hptuners? I dont see an option to select that type of sensor and I really dont want to ditch this gauge or have to swap wideband sensors every time I want to create a log.

Advanced Tuner
    I dont think that device is actually made for dataloging and tuning. Its more of a safety device that monitors your AFR for nitrous or boosted engine as it will shut things off if it goes too lean. Personally, what I would do, is use that on bank 2 and put an AEM X series on bank one for datalogging and tuning. It appears to me the PSN-1 gauge has its own proprietary software for setup and configuring. I could be wrong about this, I too am a bit of a noob, but I dont see anything in the user manual for the PSN-1 that would connect to the MPVI/MPVI2.

Potential Tuner
    Ahh damn... ya I suppose I'll have to get another bung welded in and run 2 one for tuning/logging only. That sucks.... Bosche being a huge manufacturer youd think hpt would be compatible...

Advanced Tuner
    Its not the sensor itself, its the gauge your trying to use thats not compatible. I have a Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor installed into my car. It comes with the AEM X series gauges.

Potential Tuner
    so how would I go about being able to use my wideband? ive got a buddy telling me I can select LC2 as my sensor and it should supposedly work?

Advanced Tuner
    You need to output either analog, serial RS232, or CAN (protocol dependent) to the MPVI2. If your gauge does not have any of those, your SOL

Advanced Tuner
    There is no such thing, as hooking the Bosch sensor directly to the MPVI2 that I know of. You need some sort of controller to read the wideband, and translate that to an output the MPVI2 can communicate with.

Potential Tuner
    The gauge does have an analog out wire which states to be used for external data logging

Advanced Tuner
    You need the Pro Link cable and Pro Feature set to input analog signal to the MPVI2.

Potential Tuner
    So I cannot use my lsu 4.9 directly to my pro plug in?? Have an AEM XBand 30-300 but the scanner doesn't pick it up...