Thread: P59 questions.

P59 questions.

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well.
    I have been doing a little work with my Camaro and was wondering about a few things.
    I'm running a P59 PCM with the 3 bar enhancement OS 1262050

I have had the WB hooked into the EGR pin since swapping tho this PCM and was able to log as long as I was on the stock OS or the 2 bar system. Once I swapped to 3 bar I no longer have this feed. Does the 3 bar OS do away with this input to make room for whatever was needed? These days I simply go from the WB right to the laptop but was troubleshooting a WB logging issue and wanted to go back to the EGR to see if it was getting a signal. Under hard throttle the WB feed would freeze but the Moates O-meter in the dash was still registering. Ended up replacing the LC1 with a LC2 this morning and at least with one test hit everything worked fine.

On to the scanner. I'm logging exhaust back pressure on the Oil pressure channel. I couldn't find oil sensor volts so I did a little math and converted the pressure. Is there an oil pressure volts channel like with TPS?

Also, I'm logging delivered engine torque I'm getting the same mid 500 numbers at 17/18 lbs of boost as I did at 6/8. I tend to agree with this since this slow heap is NOT doing turbo work on the big end. Back pressure between the engine and turbo peaked around 25 and eased back down to 19 by the end of the run.

I'm still kinda new to running e85(actually 69 right now) but it gets a little better every time I make changes but I'm so far away from where it should be I'm not sure it will ever be worth the time I have spent on it.
    Very much still a work in progress
    Attached Files Attached Files

I also lost the egr input going to 2 bar SD on a p59. I use the ac pressure sensor for the wideband and fuel tank pressure is a 0-5v input that I use to log fuel pressure.

I'm using fuel tank pressure for fuel pressure as well. I thought about AC pressure but I still run AC and wasn't sure if the PCM used that to turn the fans on for AC.

I still had egr input with 2 bar.

Thanks for the response.

Apparently logging the delivered engine torque is useless, at least in my application. I made a test hit yesterday after adding a little advance and I could feel the change in power yet the logged delivered torque was still mid 500.