Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ford Diesel Logging Update

Tuner in Training
    P061B correct.

Graph attached - only a torque & power graph. AFR's start around 22 when boost first hits then dives to 19-18 until around 4000rpm where it ramps back out quickly. Stock boost, stock timing. Boost hits around 24psi up from standard of around 20psi due to the richer hotter mixture helping spool up.

thumbnail_IMG_2186.jpg
    Last edited by jmsmotorsport; 12-13-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Tuner
    Thanks for sharing.
    P061B, yeah I don't know what causes it. Obviously if you find a fix I'm happy to listen to your whispers.

I'm pleased you haven't played with boost as I'm wary of the stock turbo's reliability and when I did a calc a while back it was pushing almost max airflow (random thought: I wonder if there's a trq calc based on airflow that generates the P061B?)
    Wow, given the way trq drops off a cliff at 3000 (stock) I'm surprised the tuned trq curve so closely aligns given the AFR info. I'd assumed the AFR would start going lean at 3000, not 4000. It IS a little turbo, though.

Looking at air again... maybe consider the following? (yes, I mix my units. I'm a metric transition child)
    ECM10293 - bump the 85.1kPa line up 4psi
    ECM11885 - bump the line by 25%
    ECM10354 - bump by ~4psi (since you're getting to 24psi now)
    ECM10307 - 'might' have to bump this by 4psi because of ECM10354
    Caveat emptor!
    Ian B
    '15 Holden VF SSVR L77(gone), '19 Ford Ranger PX3 3.2TD, '22 Toyota GDJ150

Tuner in Training
    I’m also of the belief it is an Expected Torque V Airflow fault. But there must be a work around as there’s shops tuning with this software. At the torque decrease boost also decrease, I think this is where the drop off comes from as you say the turbo runs out of puff pretty quick. I will look at those settings next time it’s at the shop and let you know the outcome.

Tuner in Training
    I played with my trans tune and logged this code a while back. I happened when coming onto boost after being in a steady state ie about to pass a car on the highway. This is what I found it must be a airflow calculation not matching

https://www.autocodes.com/amp/codes/p061b_ford.html

Ben

Set 25116 entire table to 100% and 25117 to 100% and you'll eliminate p061b, i haven't messed with it enough to know what the true proper work around is as i have no issues currently. I can say my driver demanded torque vs actual is very close, within a couple percent and it would still throw this code. This code popped up for me when i added any fuel to the torque to fuel map and it starts to make more boost. Especially on tip in while getting on the highway or just rolling into it in a lower gear. If i went WOT it wouldn't throw this code though.... Anyways try changing those tables and let me know how it works for you guys.

Tuner
    Thanks, JW.
    How/where do you find explanation information for things like the following? I don't have the depth of background to understand what INNER, LEVEL 1 and LEVEL2 might translate to with stuff I already know.

[ECM] 25116 - Torque Offset Level 2 : The offset for Level 2 torque calculations.
    [ECM] 25117 - Torque Plausibility Allowed Difference: The allowed difference between Level 1 and Level 2 torque calculations.
    Ian B

Quote Originally Posted by VFL77 View Post
    Thanks, JW.
    How/where do you find explanation information for things like the following? I don't have the depth of background to understand what INNER, LEVEL 1 and LEVEL2 might translate to with stuff I already know.

[ECM] 25116 - Torque Offset Level 2 : The offset for Level 2 torque calculations.
    [ECM] 25117 - Torque Plausibility Allowed Difference: The allowed difference between Level 1 and Level 2 torque calculations.
    That's a good question and I don't have a good answer for it. I just look at the descriptions and hope they are correct, then I run different scenarios through my head until I find one that makes the most sense. I read a lot about ECU operation and at the end of the day everyone is looking to control a engine a certain way, most companies do it roughly the same way for years as it's the same engineers doing the same thing only a little more advanced year by year.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone had a code come up that was disabled in the tune and still shows up?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    Set 25116 entire table to 100% and 25117 to 100% and you'll eliminate p061b, i haven't messed with it enough to know what the true proper work around is as i have no issues currently. I can say my driver demanded torque vs actual is very close, within a couple percent and it would still throw this code. This code popped up for me when i added any fuel to the torque to fuel map and it starts to make more boost. Especially on tip in while getting on the highway or just rolling into it in a lower gear. If i went WOT it wouldn't throw this code though.... Anyways try changing those tables and let me know how it works for you guys.
    I went away over Xmas and had this code pop up 3 times in over 8hrs driving with the caravan on the back. Still seems to be at around 3/4 throttle and not full pedal. Current tune attached along with a screenshot of the freezeframe data. Tune is std apart from removal of torque limiters, shift point changes and the changes you listed

P061B.png

Ranger modified A6.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselman77 View Post
    I went away over Xmas and had this code pop up 3 times in over 8hrs driving with the caravan on the back. Still seems to be at around 3/4 throttle and not full pedal. Current tune attached along with a screenshot of the freezeframe data. Tune is std apart from removal of torque limiters, shift point changes and the changes you listed

P061B.png

Ranger modified A6.hpt
    Can you get me a data log of it happening, i'd like to see commanded boost vs actual, commanded torque vs actual torque and pretty much everything you can log on that ECU would be great.

Advanced Tuner
    If I wanted to make a custom PID for extended range lambda/o2% for diesel wideband ( similar to 30-0334 ), what should that look like ?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for sharing.
    P061B, yeah I don't know what causes it. Obviously if you find a fix I'm happy to listen to your whispers.

I'm pleased you haven't played with boost as I'm wary of the stock turbo's reliability and when I did a calc a while back it was pushing almost max airflow (random thought: I wonder if there's a trq calc based on airflow that generates the P061B?)
    Wow, given the way trq drops off a cliff at 3000 (stock) I'm surprised the tuned trq curve so closely aligns given the AFR info. I'd assumed the AFR would start going lean at 3000, not 4000. It IS a little turbo, though.

Looking at air again... maybe consider the following? (yes, I mix my units. I'm a metric transition child)
    ECM10293 - bump the 85.1kPa line up 4psi
    ECM11885 - bump the line by 25%
    ECM10354 - bump by ~4psi (since you're getting to 24psi now)
    ECM10307 - 'might' have to bump this by 4psi because of ECM10354
    Caveat emptor!
    The problem with this is that you flow to much fuel and at the same your torque exceeded from what Limit still stored in PCM. You need to disable that torque limit to 100% to prevent this limp. Also the fuel table either to early or to high. Keep on eye the AFR and EGT from target and boiled lava.
    Last edited by dannarc; 01-13-2021 at 11:28 PM.
    2017 WT Ranger 3.2L P5AT

Tuner in Training
    PWM is play the rule also. I know there is no channel to log this. But you can make one of this Math Parameter by combine this RPM + IDC
    Last edited by dannarc; 01-13-2021 at 11:56 PM.
    2017 WT Ranger 3.2L P5AT

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    A lot of you guys have requested more loggable parameters to help navigate where to make changes when tuning the 2017+ Ford 6.7 diesel, and the Ford Ranger (SID-209).

In the latest beta, I have added a few new channels for logging that will pinpoint which maps are in use.

Attachment 99139

Parameter 14590 - Base Operating Mode will tell you which of the Map # is in use.

Parameter 14589 - Injection Config for EOM will tell you which Config # is in use.

Parameter 14588 - Engine Operating Mode (EOM) will tell you which Mode # is in use.

Hope this helps.
    @Eric, can this also be added for SID208 ?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    @Eric, can this also be added for SID208 ?
    Are you sure it hasn't? (I haven't tried on SID208, but 209 is good)
    Have you tried doing a repoll, using latest HPT version, and/or renaming the vehicle entry in C:\...\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Vehicles to force a refresh?
    Ian B

Are you sure it hasn't? (I haven't tried on SID208, but 209 is good)
    Have you tried doing a repoll, using latest HPT version, and/or renaming the vehicle entry in C:\...\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Vehicles to force a refresh?
    Yep, tried multiple times. Including the beta from yesterday.

Tuner
    Log a case, otherwise it's a verbal request...
    Ian B

Log a case, otherwise it's a verbal request...
    I have a ticket that been open since 19th Feb. Haven't had a definitive response aside from the mirror man thing...

Tuner in Training
    here is my near end result. i have had this tune in my car the last few months without any problems and with only a few minor changes to torque limits and added a little extra fuel up top. i am also more than happy with the result when i get a bit of time i would like to play with the timing but not sure if i would be waisting my time or not

157164305_1128459830933483_3457776046893651789_n.jpg

the map 3 and 4 you guys were talking about is relative to speed and gear
    Last edited by h41ry; 03-09-2021 at 03:17 AM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by h41ry View Post
    here is my near end result.
    The curve looks nice, and thanks for the MAP3/4 comments.
    Any chance you have the AFR graph and a tune file you'd be willing to share?
    Ian B