Thread: LT4 SD mode no boost

LT4 SD mode no boost

I've been searching old posts and talking to other tuners. But I can't seem to find an answer to this. Is there a patch, maybe part of the TCS patch? That will allow boost with a failed MAF? Or is there another way to get MAF out of the equation without failing? Or are there tables that can be adjusted to allow boost with a failed map. I'm going to try physically disabling the boost solenoid tomorrow. But was hoping for a software solution.

Tried physically disabling the actuator. Torque management takes over though and limits throttle position and still won't allow boost. Going to look at torque management stuff next and see if there is a setting or table related to a MAF or other airflow fault.

Torque source never changes from "torque". Airmass and MAP torque models are close enough to each other that there shouldn't be any difference. Didn't find any tables or settings related to faults. I think the throttle control is part of the boost control routine. It did get to Barometric and slightly higher with the actuator disabled but still no really boost.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Boulding View Post
    I've been searching old posts and talking to other tuners. But I can't seem to find an answer to this. Is there a patch, maybe part of the TCS patch? That will allow boost with a failed MAF? Or is there another way to get MAF out of the equation without failing? Or are there tables that can be adjusted to allow boost with a failed map. I'm going to try physically disabling the boost solenoid tomorrow. But was hoping for a software solution.
    Some late GEN 5's will not work in SD mode. just heads up.

The others make sure you move ~"Max Pratio... fault" from .9 to say 2 for 15ish lbs of boost.. you get the idea.

For the ones that will run in SD mode be prepare for the cruise not working afterwords. HPtuners has added a fix to some OS's for us. You might need to request it for yours if you get that far.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Some late GEN 5's will not work in SD mode. just heads up.

The others make sure you move ~"Max Pratio... fault" from .9 to say 2 for 15ish lbs of boost.. you get the idea.

For the ones that will run in SD mode be prepare for the cruise not working afterwords. HPtuners has added a fix to some OS's for us. You might need to request it for yours if you get that far.
    PRatio max on this car has a hard limit of 1.0000. And I get the stern parameter out of limits warning when I try to input 2. So I though that was a dead end.

Changed Pratio Max to 2.2 in both fields despite the warning. No change.

this has been an issue for 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    this has been an issue for 6 years
    So I've come to learn. Hoping someone has made some progress on it. I've got a few more ideas to try.

only when I swapped from stock blower to a whipple did the issue disappear, if that is a clue for you.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    only when I swapped from stock blower to a whipple did the issue disappear, if that is a clue for you.
    He already tried physically disabling the actuator as you once suggested and nothing. That sucks.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyChevy305 View Post
    He already tried physically disabling the actuator as you once suggested and nothing. That sucks.
    yeah, i may have had something else changed in the tune along with it, I think I changed every table possibly related to it, airmass stuff in the TM and supercharger tabs, etc.

i have an N/A truck currently tuning the vve. i found out cruise control wouldnt work while the maf is failed in the first 5 mins. but i didnt notice till a few days ago my throttle is being limited randomly in the 54-60% range and i just found these two tables. i could see how with a hard limit of 1 that they might not help much with boost but i was thinking that i found my issue. the logs seem to line up pretty close at .90 to where the throttle stops.