Thread: Charger Magnuson with idle fluctuation after throttle.

Tuner in Training

Charger Magnuson with idle fluctuation after throttle.

Hello everyone, I see you are folks knowledgeable on the Dodge side(I am a GM guy). I am helping tune a 2019 Charger with a maggie 2350 and running into a little issue when I give it throttle it FIRST wants to RAISE RPM, then slightly hesitate, then drop back into idle rpm, However after two or three of these jabs at the throttle, it wants to go drop and then HUNT FROM 450 RPM TO to the point of freak out...I think it may be timing(or VE) but you guys may know more. If able checkout my tune and just let me know if you see something that would cause the hunting up and down. This car is fitted with Magggie 2350 SC and a Hellcat throttle body(also ugraded injectors that come with kit)

2019 CHARGER MAGGIE.hpt.

As you can see with data log, its idling fine till i touch the throttle, then starts with the hunting
    Dempsey

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EME View Post
    Hello everyone, I see you are folks knowledgeable on the Dodge side(I am a GM guy). I am helping tune a 2019 Charger with a maggie 2350 and running into a little issue when I give it throttle it FIRST wants to RAISE RPM, then slightly hesitate, then drop back into idle rpm, However after two or three of these jabs at the throttle, it wants to go drop and then HUNT FROM 450 RPM TO to the point of freak out...I think it may be timing(or VE) but you guys may know more. If able checkout my tune and just let me know if you see something that would cause the hunting up and down. This car is fitted with Magggie 2350 SC and a Hellcat throttle body(also ugraded injectors that come with kit)

2019 CHARGER MAGGIE.hpt.

As you can see with data log, its idling fine till i touch the throttle, then starts with the hunting
    Dempsey
    Eh... nevermind I saw the files. Lets take a look...
    Last edited by dubbsix; 05-06-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EME View Post

2019 CHARGER MAGGIE.hpt.

Dempsey
    I realize there is a lot of data that is needed to get this dialed in, but generally I would say:

1. Enable Neural Network (It works with boost)
    1. In the beta version of VCM Editor you can raise the VE % for the NN training
    2. Update injector pulse/width tables with correct data for injectors
    3. Update MAP table for either 2/3 bar that should have come with the kit
    4. Burn it, Start it. See how it runs.

** I also noticed you had a couple of misfires in the logs. There are a few more steps but without having all of the data at hand I may end up asking you a million questions to help dial in the tune lol.
    Last edited by dubbsix; 05-06-2020 at 08:17 PM. Reason: More information provided

Advanced Tuner
    Would be easier to see what was done to the tune.

I am an idiot...you did post your tune...my bad.
    Last edited by Homer; 05-08-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Tuner in Training
    HELLO!,..Got the idle fixed(thnx hemituna),..however, has anyone see a reason the car would go to limp mode at idle?...I think its something to do with the Hellcat throttle installed.

Also is the two VE tables best to use when running lean under boost?...(normally what we use to adjust however curious if injector data is correct(this is a used system-so not sure which injectors were installed) i do assume its the standard injectors delivered with the tvs 2350 system
    Last edited by EME; 05-08-2020 at 10:58 AM.