Thread: 2011 RT 274 Cam Tuning Issues

Potential Tuner

2011 RT 274 Cam Tuning Issues

Hey all, just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has an ideas as to why fueling wont normalize?

Car runs fine at idle, but has no rebound on decel. Its like as soon as you accelerate it wants to dumb all its fuel (ST go to 30%).
    I do currently have the rear o2 sensors unplugged, would that cause something like this? Car also doesnt wanna start up easy after being warm.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

MOD LIST:
    274 Cam (Dur @ .006 274/287) (Dur @ .50 = 226/234) (Lift 619/612) (LSA 116)
    Kooks Longtubes
    Catless Mid Pipes
    Everything else is completely stock.

Pop-Brian_004d.hptBrian 011.hpl
    Last edited by Parahdox; 05-06-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parahdox View Post
    Hey all, just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has an ideas as to why fueling wont normalize?

Car runs fine at idle, but has no rebound on decel. Its like as soon as you accelerate it wants to dumb all its fuel (ST go to 30%).
    I do currently have the rear o2 sensors unplugged, would that cause something like this? Car also doesnt wanna start up easy after being warm.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

MOD LIST:
    274 Cam (Dur @ .006 274/287) (Dur @ .50 = 226/234) (Lift 619/612) (LSA 116)
    Kooks Longtubes
    Catless Mid Pipes
    Everything else is completely stock.

Pop-Brian_004d.hptBrian 011.hpl
    hey, the area that you have most trouble with seems unchanged from stock VE , do you have a wideband hooked up ? seems like only the idle and open throttle areas were tuned
    tune the area from 1664 to 3616

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by malikib View Post
    hey, the area that you have most trouble with seems unchanged from stock VE , do you have a wideband hooked up ? seems like only the idle and open throttle areas were tuned
    tune the area from 1664 to 3616
    So heres the kicker, I wasnt the one who made my tune. The guy who made my tune is VERY well known in the community and claims he doesnt know why the car wont respond to his fueling changes.

If it?s like my 09 the ve tables are useless if you vvt is on. You have to log injector pulse and rescale the injectors where you are getting fat values. Or you could turn off your vvt.

Quote Originally Posted by Parahdox View Post
    So heres the kicker, I wasnt the one who made my tune. The guy who made my tune is VERY well known in the community and claims he doesnt know why the car wont respond to his fueling changes.
    Well you can try adjusting it yourself , his tune is very basic and can be done better , one more thing he tuned the inj pw wrong , he only adjusted the period with out adjusting the fuel mass table , but neural networks are turned off with vvt so I don’t think it will make a difference. Definitely needs a retune

Quote Originally Posted by Party340 View Post
    If it?s like my 09 the ve tables are useless if you vvt is on. You have to log injector pulse and rescale the injectors where you are getting fat values. Or you could turn off your vvt.
    It’s turned off with the vvt , but as i said jsut now he tuned these tables wrong as well

The injectors were inversed but definitely doesn't mean they are correct. I would just turn off nn and vct and tune it from there personally.