Thread: anyone have a tune for lq4/4l80e headers and coldair intake only

Potential Tuner

Question anyone have a tune for lq4/4l80e headers and coldair intake only

heres what i got i made this tune from info i found on the internets not sure how bad or good it is car seems pretty doggy 42120removeddtcfromecm.hpt

Does it really have 22in tires and 2.73 gearing?

Those rear gears are hurting it big time. Needs 3.73's or 4.10's to really it feel quick at lower speeds.

Lower the power enrichment pedal enable to 60-65%, lower the enable torque to 50% and enrichment ramp in to 2.0000.

The IAT spark correction table is rather heavy after 86 degrees. So any warm air is going to yank a ton of timing from it. Dial that back some.

I don't see a data log so I can't see how it's running. Like I don't know if fuel trims are all out of whack or things like that. Double check vacuum leaks and exhaust leak if they are and make sure fuel pressure is 58psi.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thanks i will try to do that i figured power enrichment was messing with it also i now believe i have 2.41 gears i know its bad but thats what i got and yeah tire size is correct i attached a log thanks a lot for the help also i have fuel pressure at 60 at the regulator also how much should i dial down iat i see where it goes to -20
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kwade1337; 05-10-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Just so we are clear, the physical tire itself is 22in or the rim is 22in??

There is a big difference between the two.

Just for reference a 225/60/16 is a 26in tire. I have no idea how a 22in tire would hold this kind of power unless it's like super wide and has zero sidewall but even that would give it zero flex and be like a rubber band.

The log looks okay, fuel trims aren't horrible. Slightly positive at times on the long term trims. Add knock retard and your injector pulse width avg to your logs, those are good things too know while data logging.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    my tire size is 245/60/15 again thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated

Those are 26.6in tall tires, make sure that matches in the gear tire wizard under the edit tab.

Tuner in Training
    Here's a tune I had on my "04 LQ4 Denali. I do not recommend using it, but if you want to see what the engine can take, here you go. Very aggressive timing, and shifting was awesome, hit hard 1st-2nd @ 6k rpm. I would still be driving it, but rust got it. I still find rust pieces in the street where it was parked. lol. Now I have an '06 XL Denali which I'm currently working on, but is my daily, so the tune will be more conservative.

#1 Modd trans adjust.hpt

Potential Tuner
    hmm might stay away from that lol i will take a gander and compare it to see how crazy it is though lol thanks 5fdp again guess my buddies tire math was off my speedo is about 10mph off

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kwade1337 View Post
    hmm might stay away from that lol i will take a gander and compare it to see how crazy it is though lol thanks 5fdp again guess my buddies tire math was off my speedo is about 10mph off
    I agree. But I have to say, the truck was fast. A little sluggish from a standstill, but once rolling, after 10mph, it ripped. I'm using it as a base tune for my 06 Denali XL(below), which I just purchased a few weeks ago, and has 255k miles. It's one of the cleanest engine compartments I've seen, looks like it was a restoration project. I'll have to post pics. I pulled timing across the map, not much, and still a lot more than stock. Have more work to do on the tune, but for now it runs great, smooth power. Not messing with redlining it, and the aggressive trans settings, due to the milage, but still push it to get that smile!!!!

Denali XL Modd #1.hpt

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the tunes i took a gander but im pretty new to not a carb and distributor tuning lol i dont know maybe i was expecting to much its fast when it gets going but i just like the low end torque for shennanigans my rearend has been making some noise prior to this swap so i do have a spare rear with 4.11s which i have 2.41 now but its and old rear out of a car that was sitting in a field for years but i bet with 4.11s it would be fun ide really like 3.73 but thats what i have if this blows to have gears done on rear around near me is insane like almost 2 grand i rather buy a mosier or something alright rant over lol

Potential Tuner
    another thing is my 02 afr gauge on vcm scanner isnt reading not sure why or if i need to add a PID for that gauge to wirk thanks