Thread: 6r140 PSI question's

Tuner in Training

6r140 PSI question's

I've been trying to tune for more power (without much luck so far). On my 15 I've only found a " desired line psi" parameter on the scanner. When I read about guys who are up at 300psi, is that line psi or is that line psi plus another psi from somewhere? My max line psi so far has only gotten up to 170psi. I've read that some of the other trans can't handle to much or they blow the seals in the clutches. Is that something to worry about on these trans? Thanks
    1999 7.3L Powerstroke Garret 38R, 238/200 Shop built injectors, Minotaur tuning
    2015 6.7L Powerstroke

Quote Originally Posted by bstroked View Post
    I've been trying to tune for more power (without much luck so far). On my 15 I've only found a " desired line psi" parameter on the scanner. When I read about guys who are up at 300psi, is that line psi or is that line psi plus another psi from somewhere? My max line psi so far has only gotten up to 170psi. I've read that some of the other trans can't handle to much or they blow the seals in the clutches. Is that something to worry about on these trans? Thanks
    That's desired line pressure

HPTuners sets up the tables the same way that Ford does in the A2L.

So all the line pressure tables maxes out at 128 psi but the tables are only displaying "half", actual desired commanded line pressure will be 256 PSI (128 x 2).
    Last edited by PSM 6.4; 05-11-2020 at 09:04 PM.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Also this is inferred pressure, these transmissions don't have actual pressure sensors in them.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by PSM 6.4 View Post
    That's desired line pressure

HPTuners sets up the tables the same way that Ford does in the A2L.

So all the line pressure tables maxes out at 128 psi but the tables are only displaying "half", actual desired commanded line pressure will be 256 PSI (128 x 2).
    I thought the line pressure was a function of torque*tv slope +intercept+shift pressure tables

Tuner in Training
    I had to get back to work, so quit fooling with mine, again...I was having trouble with 4-5 shifting right at half throttle.. Sometimes it would slip all the way to 6th , and sometimes it would make an awful noise when trying to shift. I figured I'd done shelled the trans out. I went back to my tunes I have on my nDash, and it shifts quick and firm still. No slipping and no squealing ... I haven't ever been able to use the scanner on those tunes. It just doesn't load the channels. This time though, after installing the tune, it worked!!! (Later I figured out the trick) The line psi actually isn't much different than my own tunes, except on shifts, then it jumped up to 225psi... The Warh_amme_rX tune jumped to 275... As far as what the charts looked like for the shifts, they were about the same. It looks like to me about the only difference was when the gear actually changed. Mine seems to be a little sooner,sometimes, which I'm still puzzling over how to make it a little later... Which tables Max out? I haven't found any table with 128psi in it... I'll have to check again, but I believe all the stock line psi tables I have have 140psi in them..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CKrueg View Post
    I thought the line pressure was a function of torque*tv slope +intercept+shift pressure tables
    If that's the case, will the psi be reflected in the line psi PID in the scanner? I had my oncoming psi raised quite a bit and it didn't seem to effect the reading. 🤷

Quote Originally Posted by CKrueg View Post
    Referring to the units of the display on line pressure tables.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by PSM 6.4 View Post
    Referring to the units of the display on line pressure tables.
    I was curious which one of the tables is used for shifting. The Apply/release slope and intercept tables, of the upshift and downshift tables.
    The description seems to indicate its the upshift/downshift tables but I don't see why there would be tables labeled "releasing" and Applying" elements if it wasn't used during shifts.

base LP.PNGdownshift.PNGUpshift.PNG