Thread: is there a "ghost cam" tune available for dodge charger ??

Potential Tuner

Question is there a "ghost cam" tune available for dodge charger ??

dear

is there a "ghost cam" tune available for dodge charger ??

if yes
    anyone ca explain how to do it

thnx

You shouldn't attempt to recalibrate a vehicle without extensive knowledge of what exactly you're doing.

If you want a choppy cam, you'll need to put an aftermarket cam in the vehicle.

Remember that these vehicle's are not toys.

There are ways to force a vehicle to spark / idle 'surge' like a cam but it's kind of a waste of time. Yes it can have a bit of a chop to it but I wouldn't even take the time to attempt it myself. I have done so on gm's.. just for giggles.

I would take your time to learn as much as you can about tuning before you attempt to make any changes.

Advanced Tuner
    Don't see how a "ghost cam" tune can be done on a hemi v8 (RT/SP/HC) as there is only one cam and it does not budge from full advance at idle (VSS = 0 mph). Might be able to do it on the V6 (SXT) though, but no experience with the pentastar. Don't even know if aftermarket cams for them are available?

Advanced Tuner
    Try taking the idle torque spark table and spreading the numbers out. Say it's 20, 15, 10, 5, 0, 5, 10, 15, 20 make it 15, 10, 5, 0, 0, 0, 5, 10, 15. That should calm the spark intervention down and allow the rpm to move more. See what that does for you. You can also try something like 20, 10, 15, 0, 5, 0, 15, 10, 20.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.