Thread: Rev Limiter question

Rev Limiter question

ON a stock 5.3L Chevy Silverado with the V4 crap disabled, does the rev limiter need to be adjusted higher?

I left that at it's stock settings and I was just wondering if if setting the rev limiter to aallow higher RPM does that provide any benefit during acceleration? (I'm not racing the truck, just wanting to increase performance)

No.

The camshaft and valve springs stayed the same if all you did was turn the AFM/DoD off in the tune. Spinning the engine higher when it's already past peak torque/horsepower and workable range of the valve springs doesn't gain you much of anything. Swap the camshaft and get better valve springs if you want to spin the engine past 5,800-6,000rpm.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

OK, thanks.

I was just wondering since a lot of guys talk about removing the rev limiter or raising it

All I did was turn off AFM, set trans to 25% more firm, and set for Premium fuel - nothing major.

It seems to have more pep, and the shifting is slightly more firm (didn't mess with the shift points)

At lower RPMs when crusing around town, I can tell the AFM is no longer active so that works.