Thread: Can A MAP sensor be ADDED

Potential Tuner

Can A MAP sensor be ADDED

I am trying to add a MAP sensor to a 2011 5.0, have a ford MAP sensor added pins to pcm for VREF at PIN 20,spliced signal return in at pin 32,and added wiring at pin 40 for MAP,turned MAP FITTED on but wont read out? Any help appreciated Thanks

Tuner
    Any luck with this?

I think the specific strategy has to have the required code to read those ECU pins and a calibration table. I tried like hell to read MAP related pins on the PCM harness, even with a FRPP strategy that showed MAP sensor settings.

Sure seems possible with a code patch from HPT, but they don't seem to care much about developing "old" supported vehicles.

I have a MAP sensor on my 2012 5.0, but via the Pro feature set.

Advanced Tuner
    Could you use a truck strategy? I know they use the same ECU's

Quote Originally Posted by Comiskeyben View Post
    I am trying to add a MAP sensor to a 2011 5.0, have a ford MAP sensor added pins to pcm for VREF at PIN 20,spliced signal return in at pin 32,and added wiring at pin 40 for MAP,turned MAP FITTED on but wont read out? Any help appreciated Thanks
    Send a ticket to support and see if Eric can add it. Since you have everything wired you could easily test for them and help the rest of us out if this became useable.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd