Thread: Will this reduce TQ Mgmt?

Tuner

Will this reduce TQ Mgmt?

On my 2020 Charger (A8) with bolt-ons I have noticed that the car pulls wicked and then falls on it's face to shift and then gets back in it. I have a feeling this is TQ management coming into place but I have not found any real guidance on how to really reduce the amount of torque reduction.

Im looking to reduce the TQ MGMT on the PCM side and allow the TCM to command it. Is it safe for a pretty much stock tune to disable the following AND will it actually fix my issue?

USE SPARK
    USE FSO
    USE ETC

Advanced Tuner
    I know the tcm pulls alot of timing on each shift, as far as where to change this i'm not sure if its on the pcm side of things or tcm? speeding up the shifts would help the feeling of the tq management coming in on shifts but i believe its there to help the clutches not slip while shifting
    6.4 Whipple Diamond pistons Manley rods, Demon Plus Cam

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FstdodgeKY View Post
    I know the tcm pulls alot of timing on each shift, as far as where to change this i'm not sure if its on the pcm side of things or tcm? speeding up the shifts would help the feeling of the tq management coming in on shifts but i believe its there to help the clutches not slip while shifting
    I did a part-throttle test and by turning off all except Use Spark, the shifts dont fall pull down the power as much as it used to.. I am still chasing some phantom spark knock but other than that it seems resolved.

I will show you my file later. All of them are disabled except 1. Can't remember which. Also, did you happen to see the driver demand section, and under it says "max tq". It has an rpm based table from 1k to 7k and torque on the stock file starts at like 100ftlbs and maxes at 240ftlbs at 7k? Even my professional tune, these numbers stayed the same. Would raising these up help? I mean, 150ftlbs at 2500 rpms seems low, but I may be looking at this wrong.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaineDickinson View Post
    I will show you my file later. All of them are disabled except 1. Can't remember which. Also, did you happen to see the driver demand section, and under it says "max tq". It has an rpm based table from 1k to 7k and torque on the stock file starts at like 100ftlbs and maxes at 240ftlbs at 7k? Even my professional tune, these numbers stayed the same. Would raising these up help? I mean, 150ftlbs at 2500 rpms seems low, but I may be looking at this wrong.
    I pretty much got this figured out. I disabled most of the TQ management on the engine side but didnt mess with anything on the TCM. The only option still enabled is the Use SPARK on the engine side. I will test disabling all of it and see if I notice a difference, but as of now its cool.