Thread: Actual torque pid ?

Actual torque pid ?

I have a 2016 Charger scat pack, supercharger, headers, cam, forded pistons. On the dyno it made 551 ft/lbs torque. I know on the uconnect torque screen i will not read above a certain value, i have the tazer and even with the hellcat gauges on the graph goes to 800, but still will not read above the stock value. So mess around with the scanner today. I was logging actual torque, i noticed that the actaul torque will not go above 460 and stay flat the whole run. Even at 50% throttle I am at 460, floor it and it doesn't move. Is this normal? is it the same as the uconnect? And would that effect the tune. Just curious.

Advanced Tuner
    I think it is limited by this table. Although don't go maxing them out. You could try reducing the dyno results by 15% and adding those torque values in the table.
    torque.JPG

I thought there was a thread where HP tuners enabled making power/torque changes on the redeye...or something like that.
    Last edited by Homer; 05-10-2020 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks. I’ll take a look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    I think it is limited by this table. Although don't go maxing them out. You could try reducing the dyno results by 15% and adding those torque values in the table.
    torque.JPG

I thought there was a thread where HP tuners enabled making power/torque changes on the redeye...or something like that.
    Is that something that should of been change when I had it tuned. Would it affect anything?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ramdart74 View Post
    Is that something that should of been change when I had it tuned. Would it affect anything?
    Not sure, most tunes I have seen (and the tuning school course work) bumps that table up. I could see that if actual torque is too high or higher than what TM is expecting it could lead to a limp condition. I have a manual trans so no experience as to what it could effect on autos.

Not sure, most tunes I have seen (and the tuning school course work) bumps that table up. I could see that if actual torque is too high or higher than what TM is expecting it could lead to a limp condition. I have a manual trans so no experience as to what it could effect on autos.
    Thanks for your input. I?d think the reverse could happen also. If it?s getting more torque then expected it could cut power back. Although I haven?t experienced that.

Not sure what my table has. I’ll look when I get home

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ramdart74 View Post
    Not sure what my table has. I’ll look when I get home
    That was a table from a 2016 scat manual trans.

Mine was changed. All cells are at 737.56. So I guess that doesn’t answer the question why hp tuners and uconnect Max’s at 460.

Advanced Tuner
    What is the switch set to?
    switch.JPG

It is set to table

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure what to say. I have an RT and I checked one of my logs and my actual torque peaked at 473. As for uconnect, I think that is hard coded so it can't be changed except when going to SRT pages.

Not sure what to say. I have an RT and I checked one of my logs and my actual torque peaked at 473. As for uconnect, I think that is hard coded so it can't be changed except when going to SRT pages.
    I was just curious if it was related.

Just getting into this, i think i have a few issues. Talking with someone about it, but they have been super busy.

Advanced Tuner
    Apparently this guy claims custom power displays can be changed uconnect?
    https://www.lxforums.com/board/gener...ml#post5171367

There was an announcement from HP tuners added tables but it only pertains to demon/redeye/trackhawk.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ight=trackhawk

Interesting

Tuner in Training
    This is interesting I?m having a problem my 2016 manual transmission Scat Pack I did the twin turbos on it and anywhere on the graph it stays about 430 on the actual torque line. Now at wide open throttle I have a electronica throttle blip that happens and it will flip the throttle blade shut and then reopen it several times rapidly. At the point the throttle blade starts to close that torque line will have a sharp spike upward to 604. I have not finished tuning the car I?m doing it on the street but I?m smoking the tires at almost 100 miles an hour now I?m sure it?s making more than 430 foot pounds of torque. At 15 psi it?s a 411 inch stroker 100 octane race gas. I?m glad to see you?re having the problem as well maybe someone else will know but there?s something corresponding with the sharp spike in my actual torque line and that throttle blip but I don?t know what. And there will be occasional times when I do not have the electronica throttle fluctuation and that actual torque line will stay 430 all the way across and the car will still pull equally as hard losing traction well above 80 miles an hour. That table you posted I tried Updating it and putting it back to stock values even if nothing changed. I finally switch that switch just now from the table over to indicated to work and that?s what I?m gonna go try in a little while. If you figure out why that?s happening please reply to this comment because it?s literally stopping me from proceeding any further.throttle blip.jpgthrottle blip.jpgthrottle blip.jpg
    oops i added it three times
    Last edited by arottmann; 05-13-2020 at 08:04 PM. Reason: trying to add pic

I haven’t seen any spikes above 460. I knew about the uconnect being limited because it a scat pack, but to see the same thing in the scanner mad me think.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by arottmann View Post
    This is interesting I?m having a problem my 2016 manual transmission Scat Pack I did the twin turbos on it and anywhere on the graph it stays about 430 on the actual torque line. Now at wide open throttle I have a electronica throttle blip that happens and it will flip the throttle blade shut and then reopen it several times rapidly. At the point the throttle blade starts to close that torque line will have a sharp spike upward to 604. I have not finished tuning the car I?m doing it on the street but I?m smoking the tires at almost 100 miles an hour now I?m sure it?s making more than 430 foot pounds of torque. At 15 psi it?s a 411 inch stroker 100 octane race gas. I?m glad to see you?re having the problem as well maybe someone else will know but there?s something corresponding with the sharp spike in my actual torque line and that throttle blip but I don?t know what. And there will be occasional times when I do not have the electronica throttle fluctuation and that actual torque line will stay 430 all the way across and the car will still pull equally as hard losing traction well above 80 miles an hour. That table you posted I tried Updating it and putting it back to stock values even if nothing changed. I finally switch that switch just now from the table over to indicated to work and that?s what I?m gonna go try in a little while. If you figure out why that?s happening please reply to this comment because it?s literally stopping me from proceeding any further.
    oops i added it three times
    Are you logging torque source to see what might be shutting the throttle?

One thing that had me wondering this. Was when I first got my car back from having a supercharger install. It was falling on it face shifting from 2-3. I realized torque management was kicking and the tuner had to practically take all TM out. Now i was think that if torque is limited to say 500, but the engine is putting out more I’d assume the computer would try and mange it to what it set to. But now that I see the table from above that’s probably not the case.