Thread: 6.0 Tuning and edge

Potential Tuner

6.0 Tuning and edge

Hey everyone, so I might have really messed up. I upgraded my edge cts2 through edge to the pro version to put some customs tunes on it. They told me on the phone could only have tunes done with hp tuners. Well come to find out anyone who makes tunes for the edge only make them for the PHP version. I have some tunes but they are .pec files. I was told by edge on the phone Friday that I had to have .epq files and they could be converted in hp tuners. Is this unit useless to me now???

This is for an 06 f250 6.0.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by 97koukiman View Post
    Hey everyone, so I might have really messed up. I upgraded my edge cts2 through edge to the pro version to put some customs tunes on it. They told me on the phone could only have tunes done with hp tuners. Well come to find out anyone who makes tunes for the edge only make them for the PHP version. I have some tunes but they are .pec files. I was told by edge on the phone Friday that I had to have .epq files and they could be converted in hp tuners. Is this unit useless to me now???

This is for an 06 f250 6.0.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much
    CTS2 Pro has two different versions

HPTuners version and PHPs in house version for accepting tune files for their tuning software.

(PHP minotaur)

Same device hardware but with different firmware, so they aren't intercompatiable to my knowledge.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Correct they are not interchangeable. if you have a hpt version. You'll need to find someone who offers tuning for them in hpt.

Tuner in Training
    I worked for Edge for 10 years, did a lot of their ford calibration work during that time. I can provide tuning solutions for the Insight Pro on the 6.0, 6.4, and 13-16 6.7, as well as all of the GM diesels.

What is written here regarding the PHP version vs the Edge Version is correct. You can not load PHP tunes on an Edge Insight Pro. Bill did this in order to ensure that the device was purchased through PHP in order to get his piece of the pie selling the device.

Did you purchase .PEC files from someone already?

Potential Tuner
    So does anyone actually make tunes for the 6.0 with hptuners? Seems like the majority of custom tunes are all for sct.

Tuner in Training
    I do.... I sent you a PM

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HBSSROB View Post
    I do.... I sent you a PM
    Im interested as well if you don't mind sending me a PM. Thanks man!

I'm interested in a tune for my 2003 ford excursion 6.0 diesel if someone is able to for me

Tuner in Training
    Sorry guys I don't get on here often enough. I sent you both PMs

thanks,
    Rob

Potential Tuner
    Hi HBSSrob, wondering if you have done any troubleshooting for "Choo Choo" issue? (in 5th) when under load truck will chug and puff little black smoke out exhaust pipe. only thing to do is let off gas till speed drops down to allow trans to drop a gear, then get into the throttle and she pulls like a freight train... Have many upgrades, and custom tune (for towing/street/strip) from innovative diesel, with a livewire, but looking to switch over to HPTuner. '05 F250 6.0 4x4 200K 5R110
    Thank you
    DanR
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-31-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Potential Tuner
    HBSSROB I would be interested in a tune for my 04 F350. Would like to tune FICM & PCM if possible. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi HBSSrob, wondering if you have done any troubleshooting for "Choo Choo" issue? (in 5th) when under load truck will chug and puff little black smoke out exhaust pipe. only thing to do is let off gas till speed drops down to allow trans to drop a gear, then get into the throttle and she pulls like a freight train... Have many upgrades, and custom tune (for towing/street/strip) from innovative diesel, with a livewire, but looking to switch over to HPTuner. '05 F250 6.0 4x4 200K 5R110
    Thank you
    DanR
    If you need a revision on the tuning we can get you taken care of. shoot us an an email. [email protected]

Potential Tuner

6.0 tunes

Hello I have a edge monitor and was wanting to get some tunes loaded on it. I was wondering if you would be willing to help.

Tuner
    I would recommend TDN with the MPVI as it will allow FICM tuning as well so you can get the total solution.