Thread: "Assembling" a tune for Cobra Jet intake/twin 65mm TB/M50CJ (N/A) MAF tube on 2012 GT

"Assembling" a tune for Cobra Jet intake/twin 65mm TB/M50CJ (N/A) MAF tube on 2012 GT

I've been lurking/learning for a while in the attempt to "assemble" a tune to get my 2012 GT up and running after I install a Cobra Jet intake, twin 65mm throttle body, and FPP Cobra Jet intake tube setup. Not looking to squeak out every last horsepower, but rather get it up and running safely and smoothly. Everything else is stock except for long tube headers and exhaust.

Here's what I gather:

1) Use twin 65mm throttle body Effective Area and Predicted Throttle Angle calibration (Done)
    2) Update ETC Idle Throttle Angle (NEEDED)
    3) Set max throttle angle to 83 deg (Done)
    4) Set Intake Manifold Volume to 12.8 (Done)
    5) Update MAF calibration for M-9603-M50CJ (NEEDED)
    6) Turn off rear O2 for long tubes (Done)

Questions:

a) Are there any other big pieces to the puzzle I'm missing?

b) I did a pretty extensive search, and came up short on the MAF calibration. Someone posted a MAF transfer curve for the "123mm" Cobra Jet intake, but I'm not sure that's the same as the M-9603-M50CJ (naturally aspirated) intake. Does anyone have a MAF calibration for the M-9603-M50CJ intake tube? The I.D. at the entry of the intake tube is about 100mm.

c) Someone mentioned to change "Update ETC Idle Throttle Angle" but I haven't seen any suggestions as to what values to use.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.
    Last edited by WesDuenkel; 05-11-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Tuner
    You also need to set the tune for the headers. Transport delay and cats delete if deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by yaqoubalmounes View Post
    You also need to set the tune for the headers. Transport delay and cats delete if deleted.
    Noted with thanks. For what it's worth, I may leave the transport delay alone because the car runs flawlessly with the factory tune and the long tubes. I'll just turn off the rear O2s to avoid tripping rear O2 codes. My current hurdles are making sure I have everything covered for the Cobra Jet manifold before I start the install.