Thread: Finally read my 2016 Q50 Red Sport and...

Advanced Tuner

Finally read my 2016 Q50 Red Sport and...

Welp. I tried to pull my file last night and learned 2 things...

1. The radiator fans run during the read. Im not sure about the flashing BUT... I found the fuse for the fans so I will pull it next time before reading.

2 (And most important). I got the invalid definition error. I sent the file and the infolog to HPT last night and received a response ALREADY (Im actually impressed on their promptness on this one...). They will have the definition soon in an updated Beta. I did notice a variance in the OS version so I assume this may be the issue that needs to be resolved. I will keep you all posted.

Oh... I also got a CEL after the read. IIRC it was "U0100(?) Lost communication with ECM". I cleared it via the scanner. It hasnt come back (yet)...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Welp. I tried to pull my file last night and learned 2 things...

1. The radiator fans run during the read. Im not sure about the flashing BUT... I found the fuse for the fans so I will pull it next time before reading.

2 (And most important). I got the invalid definition error. I sent the file and the infolog to HPT last night and received a response ALREADY (Im actually impressed on their promptness on this one...). They will have the definition soon in an updated Beta. I did notice a variance in the OS version so I assume this may be the issue that needs to be resolved. I will keep you all posted.

Oh... I also got a CEL after the read. IIRC it was "U0100(?) Lost communication with ECM". I cleared it via the scanner. It hasnt come back (yet)...
    Working on it now actually.

The fans will stay on during the write as well. I don't know why Nissan decided the fans were a necessary process, but it is what it is. Just unplug if you don't want the battery drain.

Regarding the CEL, it will stay gone after you clear it. The "error" occurs during the read/write process, after clearing it it won't come back because there's no longer a communication issue. Interestingly enough though, it doesn't seem to happen on every read/write, at least not during our testing.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post

The fans will stay on during the write as well. I don't know why Nissan decided the fans were a necessary process, but it is what it is. Just unplug if you don't want the battery drain.

Regarding the CEL, it will stay gone after you clear it. The "error" occurs during the read/write process, after clearing it it won't come back because there's no longer a communication issue. Interestingly enough though, it doesn't seem to happen on every read/write, at least not during our testing.
    Sir, yes sir! LOL! When I heard the fans fire up, I was like OH SH!T! LOL! I listened to them while pacing back and forth PRAYING they didn't start slowing down. I found the fan fuse while it was reading but I elected to not pull the fuse, fearing a voltage spike and having to put the car back in the shop. Lol!

Question, was that what appeared to be a newer OS the issue? When I went to read it, the OS wasn't identified. I selected "SH_something_0332" or something like that. Lol!

Sir, yes sir! LOL! When I heard the fans fire up, I was like OH SH!T! LOL! I listened to them while pacing back and forth PRAYING they didn't start slowing down. I found the fan fuse while it was reading but I elected to not pull the fuse, fearing a voltage spike and having to put the car back in the shop. Lol!

Question, was that what appeared to be a newer OS the issue? When I went to read it, the OS wasn't identified. I selected "SH_something_0332" or something like that. Lol!
    It's an OS that we currently didn't have. There's around 240ish OS versions currently (more years get added, more OSes). We have to purchase a portion of the file from Nissan that can't be read, so we elected to get these files as they come in and are requested instead of buying all at once. We have a decent amount already, but not all of them.

Advanced Tuner
    It's an OS that we currently didn't have. There's around 240ish OS versions currently (more years get added, more OSes). We have to purchase a portion of the file from Nissan that can't be read, so we elected to get these files as they come in and are requested instead of buying all at once. We have a decent amount already, but not all of them.
    Okie dokie. Now I get it. And I understand the ROM reference when I look at other software platforms websites. I'm an IT Geek/Nerd so I kinda get it. Lol. Gotta love the Japanese car makers! Lol!

Congrats jaydubb71! I can't wait to hear about your progress on this thing.

Advanced Tuner

OK. Finally got a good read this morning. I have a few questions...

1. What is the "Enhanced Datastream" OS upgrade and what does it provide?
    2. I set up my channels, graphs, charts and gauges. In the graphs, I cannot get the STFT, LTFT or EQ Error to follow the graph. How can I fix this?
    3. There is no KR PID. Will this be added in the future?

I have attached everything except the log. I can upload one if need be. I also, for everyones reference, it doesnt look like you can pull the fan fuse since appears to be a fusible link. You CAN pull the relay, which I did while reading the file from the ECM.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)

OK. Finally got a good read this morning. I have a few questions...

1. What is the "Enhanced Datastream" OS upgrade and what does it provide?
    2. I set up my channels, graphs, charts and gauges. In the graphs, I cannot get the STFT, LTFT or EQ Error to follow the graph. How can I fix this?
    3. There is no KR PID. Will this be added in the future?

I have attached everything except the log. I can upload one if need be. I also, for everyones reference, it doesnt look like you can pull the fan fuse since appears to be a fusible link. You CAN pull the relay, which I did while reading the file from the ECM.
    I just replied to you over on infinitiq50, maybe let's try to keep it just here going forward and post the link to this thread there

Advanced Tuner
    I just replied to you over on infinitiq50, maybe let's try to keep it just here going forward and post the link to this thread there
    Gotcha

I set up a graph for STFT using the MAF frequency. Same for LTFT and ER Error. When you rev the engine, the scale SHOULD move to different areas on the scale in the graph. It does not.

Over on the Q50 board, you mentioned that the KR PID wasnt available on the standard OS. Is it available with the upgraded OS (Enhanced Datastream)?

Gotcha

I set up a graph for STFT using the MAF frequency. Same for LTFT and ER Error. When you rev the engine, the scale SHOULD move to different areas on the scale in the graph. It does not.

Over on the Q50 board, you mentioned that the KR PID wasnt available on the standard OS. Is it available with the upgraded OS (Enhanced Datastream)?
    Yes it should be available after the OS patch is applied.

Can you post a log?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes it should be available after the OS patch is applied.

Can you post a log?
    Yes sir! Here you go Evan!

Yes sir! Here you go Evan!
    I looked through it and your layout, it looks like 1) you aren't logging maf frequency anywhere and 2) the input PID you have set up in the graph is not being logged

Advanced Tuner
    I looked through it and your layout, it looks like 1) you aren't logging maf frequency anywhere and 2) the input PID you have set up in the graph is not being logged
    Awww dammit! LOL! I will try this again...

Advanced Tuner
    The MAF frequency PID is not available in the channels list. I tried with the stable and beta versions. The option to repoll is grayed out...
    Last edited by jaydubb71; 05-18-2020 at 02:35 PM.