Thread: Ambient and Intake Air Temps reading high after reflash.. Bug?

Tuner in Training

Angry Ambient and Intake Air Temps reading high after reflash.. Bug?

Hey guys,

I am seeing an ongoing annoying bug with the last few updates, including the current beta thats driving me nuts. I am seeing this on my 2018 Camaro 2SS A8.

Every time I reflash a tune change the ambient & intake temperatures skyrocket to sometimes double or more (like 40C+ when its really 15C or so out), and they stay that way until you drive for 15-20 mins. I can repeat this condition over and over every single time. It is making street tuning very time consuming and difficult. Let alone if I have to make changes at the track or at a dyno session. I can't wait 20 minutes between changes. Its definitely not from heat soak because it will happen instantly after a reflash where the temps where normal less than the 2mins before when logging.

A tale tell sign is the HVAC system will start blasting out cold air despite it not being that cold out after a reflash

Is anyone else experiencing this? We need fix for this!

I only get the ambient temp change on my 2016 truck. The ambient temps drops to 32F for a few minutes after every flash. Pretty much any gen 4/5 vehicle has done that for me. Never seen that crazy spike of yours, so that is weird.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.