Thread: Electronic throttle blip at WOT

Tuner in Training

Electronic throttle blip at WOT

I?m working on my 411 inch stroker TwinTurbo manual transmission 2016 challenger. At wide open throttle with the pedal on the floor I am getting sporadic electronic throttle opening and closing. I?ve gone through every limiter that I can find and raise the limits. I even rescaled all of the airflow tables Out beyond the range That I will hit. I?m running approximately 15 psi right now but when I was running eight psi it would still do it just cause the car to buck really hard. I also noticed the actual torque on the graph never seems to go over 430 and whenever these throttle blips happen this line spikes to 600 foot pounds of torque. It?s a jagged narrow peak. I know the car is making more than 430 because it will smoke the tires at 60 miles an hour And that?s less torque and it made stock. If you could point me in the right direction of where to look that would be greatly appreciate it. I am suspicious that the scaling of the tort model selection is causing this problem. But I don?t know how to adjust it properly as an experiment I try to rescale the torque to airflow and airflow to torque graphs But the car would not start so I had to go back. I?ve raised the maximum fly wheel tq to above 900 I?ve done a pretty good job of turning the car at this point for drivability and now I cannot get any further behind this. The car has a custom grill camshaft I am still using the factory throttlebody with a ported intake and ported heads. The car has twin 64 mm turbos. I?m running for 3 inch exhaust. I?m running 1200 injectors. Also when each of these throttle flips happen each time it comes back in it seems like it?s coming back in harder making more power than just before it flipped shut.

Advanced Tuner
    Still possibly hitting an airflow or torque limit. It is tripping any codes? Do you have a datalog of the issue?

Senior Tuner
    You can leave stock or lower a lot of the airflow and torque tables. Try putting parts of tune you're not sure about back to stock. If changing torque model back causes it to stall at idle reduce the throttle body airflow table to give it more idle air.