Thread: Can't get the fuel and EGR monitors to go ready for emissions on 2016 Camaro SS

Tuner in Training

Can't get the fuel and EGR monitors to go ready for emissions on 2016 Camaro SS

So I went to get emissions done and my fuel system and egr system weren't ready. I hadn't cleared any codes or unplugged the battery for months so they should have definitely been ready by now as I daily drive it. Haven't gotten any codes either. I am tuned and my mods are down below. Any ideas as to why they aren't going ready?

Mods:
    Texas Speed 1 7/8 headers with cats. No rear o2 sensors and are deleted in tune.
    Ported IM/TB
    Rotofab CAI

Do the rear o2 sensors come up with permanent codes that don't trigger a light because they are turned off?

These cars don't have EGR's, so not sure about that one.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Do the rear o2 sensors come up with permanent codes that don't trigger a light because they are turned off?

These cars don't have EGR's, so not sure about that one.
    No codes at all when I scan with hptuners. All the rear o2 sensors codes are set to No Error Reported and the SES Enable is unchecked.

Tuner in Training
    Had the fuel system go ready. Not sure if it was because I hooked back up my rear o2 sensors even though are are deleted in the tune or I got below 3/4 tank of gas. EGR still isn't ready but I think I can have one not ready and still pass.

Did you put the rear o2 back into exhaust or just leave them hanging?

does any one know what it takes for the fuel system readiness to go ready?

I have fuel system, o2 sensor and egr not set. I have LTH but all the pertinent DTC set to no error reports, and left the SES checked. Gen V 2018 silverado.

Not sure why EGR is not ready as we dont even have one? Need to get at least 2 of those monitors ready to inspection.

Advanced Tuner
    I keep getting a check engine light ever couple days now after headers.

P0036
    P0037
    P0056
    P0057

I have them SES unchecked and set to No report but I keep getting a light coming on. What am I doing wrong. Do they also need to be turn off in the tune too. Not just under diagnostic

you are missing alot of DTC's there if u dont want CEL with LTH

Quote Originally Posted by Jonblarc7 View Post
    I keep getting a check engine light ever couple days now after headers.

P0036
    P0037
    P0056
    P0057

I have them SES unchecked and set to No report but I keep getting a light coming on. What am I doing wrong. Do they also need to be turn off in the tune too. Not just under diagnostic

Advanced Tuner
    No those are the ones that keep popping a check engine light.

I have all these unchecked and set to no report.

p0036
    p0037
    p0038
    p0054
    p0056
    p0057
    p0058
    p0060
    p0137
    p0138
    p0141
    p0157
    p0158
    p0161
    p0420
    p0430

Senior Tuner
    I am having the same problem on a 6th Gen Camaro right now. P0036 P0037 P0056 P0057 even though they are disabled in tune.

Advanced Tuner
    I went back to those 4 and checked the SES box but left them NO report. Haven't had a problem since but it's only been a week. I found an older thread that gave that suggestion.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks for the reply