Thread: PE Question

Advanced Tuner

PE Question

When you're dialing in your fueling via MAF or SD, and you've got your EQ error ratios setup and logging with your wideband, PE kicks in. How do you deal with PE when you're dialing in your fueling. You're making correction based off the error ratio, so when PE starts, your fueling goes rich. You're then making adjustments to your VE tables, that have corrections also because PE kicked in. So wouldn't you actually (inadvertently) be tuning out the effect PE has as you make corrections to you VE tables? Or do you dial in your fueling, then afterward, adjust your PE tables to add 1% or whatever? Im confused as to how that works.
    Last edited by danmw2003; 05-16-2020 at 10:26 AM.

You could use a filter so you don't log the changes when the commanded AFR/EQ changes.

The EQ error doesnt really matter if the vehicle is running at stoich or in PE, it's always going to tell you what the error is between the commanded and actual.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 05-16-2020 at 05:36 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Whats getting me hung up in my thought process, is when I copy/paste special by half the errors to the entire VE table, how are PE changes not getting pasted into that. Wouldn't that throw off my VE tables? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. Im still a noob

I thought that way for a while too. It does not matter. It’s still giving an error percentage for what your commanding.

Senior Tuner
    the VE table is stoich/lambda 1.0 so when ur correcting it for PE the PE is multiplying it which changes the EQratio so ur then correcting for it after its multiplied so then remove the multiplier and ur back to VE 1.0 again, if the EQratio wasnt changing then yes u would have a problem and have to account for it within the WB error but the EQ change takes care of it

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    the VE table is stoich/lambda 1.0 so when ur correcting it for PE the PE is multiplying it which changes the EQratio so ur then correcting for it after its multiplied so then remove the multiplier and ur back to VE 1.0 again, if the EQratio wasnt changing then yes u would have a problem and have to account for it within the WB error but the EQ change takes care of it
    Since you put it that way, yeah that makes sense. Thanks for explaining that. So its nothing I need to concern myself with as I'm dialing in fueling. The maths / error ratios are doing the work for me.

Senior Tuner
    only other thing as 5FDP mentioned u will always get an error when the EQ changes against the wideband just from the delay (injectors to WB) so u can use filters to remove that, but if u know its there just be aware of it

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    only other thing as 5FDP mentioned u will always get an error when the EQ changes against the wideband just from the delay (injectors to WB) so u can use filters to remove that, but if u know its there just be aware of it
    I'll have to try and figure out how to set up the filter, if it will make adjustments easier and more accurate, I'd rather do it that way.

Advanced Tuner
    You can use a slope delay of the accel pedal/throttle, such as:

[50091.156.slope(200)]<5 and [50091.156.slope(-200)]<5

Your PID number may be different depending on what you are logging, this one is accel pedal%. This filters out any data in a +/- 200 millisecond timeframe that has 5% throttle change or higher.