Thread: Need advice on Injector flow rate

Tuner in Training

Need advice on Injector flow rate

Hi, so I've been searching for information on the 1999-2000 LS1 injectors 12555894. While I've been able to get some of the data on the stock injectors I haven't found the details. Anyway, what I'm trying to do is use a LS1 manifold and injectors on my 1964 Malibu project. I have a 2005 LM7 engine from a Tahoe. I also have a Elgin (sloppy Stage 2) cam. My question is as follows: I found the injector data for the 2000 Corvette/Camaro (flow rates) and want to make sure whether I should change my stock flow rates for the Tahoe to these new numbers. I noticed they are a bit higher numbers. Hopefully, you guys can give me a definite direction for the first start. Thanks, Keith

Senior Tuner
    You should certainly change the injectors out. You can get the characterization data for the injectors from a stock 2000 F-body tune, such as the one that I've attached.

2000firebirdfirehawkautostock.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply Kevin. Yes I'm using the LS1 injectors. So are you recommending I copy the flow rate table to my PCM? Do you recommend a segment swap for all the injector data? This is new to me but I'm learning a lot. Thanks again!

Injector flow rate, short pulse adder, min injector pulse and the offset vs volts is the main data that you copy over.

You don't segment swap with something like this.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for that! I was wondering about it. I'll do as you recommend and get this running. Sweet!

Potential Tuner

Help

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    You should certainly change the injectors out. You can get the characterization data for the injectors from a stock 2000 F-body tune, such as the one that I've attached.

2000firebirdfirehawkautostock.hpt
    I tried to open the attachment but it wouldn?t open for me. I am in desperate need of the on off or lag times for 12555894 injectors.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by leebutram View Post
    I tried to open the attachment but it wouldn?t open for me. I am in desperate need of the on off or lag times for 12555894 injectors.
    What message did it give you when you tried to open it? It could simply be that you have older software. If that's the case, it's a free update.

Potential Tuner
    i am new to all of this. do i need the vcm suite or something else? i am used to opening stuff in excel like a spreadsheet. Thank you.

Senior Tuner
    i am new to all of this. do i need the vcm suite or something else? i am used to opening stuff in excel like a spreadsheet. Thank you.
    You'll need HP Tuners Editor, Version 4.8.7 or newer.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    You'll need HP Tuners Editor, Version 4.8.7 or newer.
    I downloaded the vcm suite and I don?t know if the file was incomplete or I just don?t know what I?m doing but I couldn?t find the off times

I downloaded the vcm suite and I don?t know if the file was incomplete or I just don?t know what I?m doing but I couldn?t find the off times
    All of the injector data should be under Engine > Fuel > General

Senior Tuner
    Go to Edit>View and click Advanced Mode. That will enable you to view all of the injector data.

Potential Tuner
    I got that to open but I don?t see off times anywhere

Senior Tuner
    I got that to open but I don?t see off times anywhere
    Click Engine>Fuel>General and click the Offset table. It'll be listed as Offset vs Volts vs VAC.

Potential Tuner
    Ok I seen that but I am tuning a terminator x and I?m not smart enough to convert that over to off times

Senior Tuner
    Ok I seen that but I am tuning a terminator x and I?m not smart enough to convert that over to off times
    Well, this thread just took a turn that I didn't see coming. LOL

Use the parameters below. This will get you very close to where you need to be.
    Holley Injector Data.jpg