Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2000 TA total mess.

Advanced Tuner
    no that is just a multiplier. In the power enrichment eq ratio is where I'm talking about. And I would zero out the ECT adder table under power enrichment also. And your tps table is set to 100 to allow any enrichment also. You could lower that to 50 percent or so.

Advanced Tuner
    You should be happy with 2- 3%, anything less is not worth changing as that is what the trims are for. Looking good. Are you going to go back with speed density or dual models? I ask because after all this work check your progress when ECU is in CL. You may find more errors but you know the tables are right in OL and your WB so only big % errors should be addressed.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    You should be happy with 2- 3%, anything less is not worth changing as that is what the trims are for. Looking good. Are you going to go back with speed density or dual models? I ask because after all this work check your progress when ECU is in CL. You may find more errors but you know the tables are right in OL and your WB so only big % errors should be addressed.
    I am still at it. cant believe this has taken me so long and im still not where i want to be. i want to be in the rich at -2 or -3 percent but u am currently on the lean side 2-3 percent. its frustrating but oh well. Would you call it a day even if im lean 2-3% and just bring it to close loop and have the 02's make the adjustment? im going back to dynamic airflow just to keep things steady. Ive noticed that SD changes a lot depending on the climate. BUT idk if that is just me making up things

Tuner in Training
    This is the closes i have gotten. Ignore that huge lean cells, i was bucking it at 6th at around 30mph i think. If this is ok, i will call it a day
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Well, looks like I got it. I filtered out info that was screwing my readings. Check it out and let me know what you think. At this point, if I move it any further, I think I might not be able to get it to come back this close. When you open the scanner file, go to the 3rd and 4th graphs. Those are the ones with the filtered data. I am going to throw it back to dynamic airflow and see how it does. Its running pretty good right now, but now my rpm is hanging a bit before coming down. I'll see if it gets better once everything is back to normal, if not then back to the drawing board. Also, this was at a steady driving going up and down on all gears as much as I could. no WOT pulls, but close to 50%. PE did not kick in at all, I disabled it till I would hit 65% TPS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    It may have too much Base running airflow. Goose the throttle if it hangs, it usually is BRAF. You can also reduce the idle advance at 1200 you are running 28*.
    Try lowering the cooling fan airflow lb/hr to half that too, using special functions in Scanner and turn your fans on 1 then both and off and you may not even notice the change in rpm at half. It can put the alternator under a load but not that much. If you find the fan 2/ dual high speed coming on all the time you may want to open up the fan 2 ON temp. Looks good.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    It may have too much Base running airflow. Goose the throttle if it hangs, it usually is BRAF. You can also reduce the idle advance at 1200 you are running 28*.
    Try lowering the cooling fan airflow lb/hr to half that too, using special functions in Scanner and turn your fans on 1 then both and off and you may not even notice the change in rpm at half. It can put the alternator under a load but not that much. If you find the fan 2/ dual high speed coming on all the time you may want to open up the fan 2 ON temp. Looks good.
    Yeah, it does have a lot of BRAF, i will lower it by two grams to see if it gets better. i had originally put the fans on that setting because the car wanted to turn off when turning on the AC. It still does, but not much as before. still need to get that to fall in line as well.

i put everything back and the car feels good. BUT i decided to take a look at the LTFT and the widebadn readings and now im running lean. I had originally tuned my MAF sensor, but now im not so sure. Do you think that my problem is the MAF now leaning out or would it still be my VE table? I also had a code for slow transitions on the right side 02 sensor, so idk if that is also leaning it out. I attached the datalog from tonight after putting everything back.