Thread: FSCM (FPCM) long term and short term trims - relearn

Advanced Tuner

FSCM (FPCM) long term and short term trims - relearn

I recently made some changes to the DC multiplier chart based on a consistent 1.13 LT trims and 0.96-1.02 ST trims, multiplying the entire chart by 1.13. Now my LT trims are still the same but ST trims are running around 0.85-0.90, after a couple of drives as well as the FSCM reflash. 72 lb injectors and a Whipple, otherwise stock E85 fuel system. Desired fuel pressures have been increased over stock as well, running 425 kpa. I didn't pay that much attention before, but I see a lot of over/undershoot of the actual pressure with large throttle changes.

I don't see any means of clearing the trims. How long does it take for LT trims to learn?

Advanced Tuner
    Update on this. After a month which includes various tinkering with the engine and FSCM cal, long term fuel trims are still at 1.13 across the board, they have never wavered. Any changes I make to the DC duty cycle vs fuel lb/hr chart do have an effect on the short term trims though.

I still get over/undershoot of fuel pressure with large throttle changes, and the effect shows in the wideband. I have tried to stagger the Low/Normal/High flow rate in increasing pressures to give the ecm a sort of "heads up" that it is about to request a higher pressure. not really clear if that has helped with the over/undershoot but you can see the desired pressure ramping towards the next pressure increase request. Right now I am down to 1 kpa in the transition rate for all flows (low/normal/high). Increasing this figure does not seem to help it maintain pressure with a transition in throttle, but definitely increases the variation even at a steady throttle/flow rate as it bounces over and under the target, which is why I put it back down to 1 kpa. I have tried 1kpa at Low, and various amounts such as 2 kpa, 5 kpa, and 20 kpa in the high. Seems these transition rates do not really affect the transition between flow rates (from Normal to High as an example), but do increase variation at steady state within the same flow rate.