Thread: logs pmas intake only stock everything else

Tuner in Training

logs pmas intake only stock everything else

Hello All,
    Just wondering if someone could go over my logs for me would be greatly apreciated. I followed the cookbooks parameters best I could. I think I have it decently dialed in but honestly I am not sure what i am looking at but I am learning. Looks like to me my third wot run went lean on the initial hit so I think the tip in is off would that be correct?

I also added my tune file If some one feels free please take a look I am open to suggestions I am happy with how the car feels but I think I am still off with dialing in the mass air. I would like to get this dialed in so I can then start doing intake and injectors and possibly work on a flex fuel tune!
    Thank you
    second cruise wot 17min.hplidle pmas intake first drive idle tune.hplpmas base tune 2012 mustang 5-17-20 installed.hpt

Tuner
    Definitely need to work on dialing in maf. WOT trims were in the most part acceptable. WOT fuel enrichment looks ok..You have a lot of spots(maf) where youre lean. You have couple degrees of knock in multiple spots. Me personally, I would work on dialing in maf before you do any more wot stuff. my 2 cents

Tuner in Training
    Rryanfla thanks i will work on it could you possibly tell me where it needs the work? Im not too good with reading the logs and rescaling yet the spark tables are still very confusing to me also so im not sure where to make the adjustments properly

Tuner
    Let me recommend the coyote cookbook and the tuning school book and the school. I went there 14 months ago. very informative to beginners, and read read read. as far as dialing in maf, you can build a maf error graph and see exactly where you are going rich and lean, or look at your trims and capture the maf period at start to finish where youre going rich and lean and adjust maf by a percentage. the books I recommended will show you all of this. Tony Gonyon taught my class and his number 1 phrase was with tuning we are all 1 keystroke away from catastrophe. Read read and read, take your time and don't make a lot of changes at one time. People on here will help but they expect you to know some basics. You are getting knock(positive number) at the hit to WOT. Your maf lean spots are at steady throttle just prior to the hit to WOT( positive fuel trims means pcm is adding fuel). Get the maf within 5% before....welcome to tuning

Tuner in Training
    rryanfla thank you again I apreciate it I bought the cookbook and am still confused a bit. I followed it to get me where i am at now and used a post here to get the maf close but I am really struggling with the numbers and math to be honest. I am a better wrench then anything lol

Tuner in Training
    rryanfla please just verify I am reading correctly the graphs the maf period between 400 and 800 is still where I need some fine tuning correct?

Tuner in Training
    Nevermind I reread for a third time about the maf I will try and make my corrections and see if maybe some one double check my logs I feel like a dope. Apparently I cant read or do math either

Tuner
    I was you 14 months ago. I get it. . I will help You anyway this newbie can. Slow and steady wins the race. This shit you will not learn overnight. Keep posting logs and post your tune. Theres a lot of really experienced people on here...

Tuner in Training
    Thank you! I missed the one line where it plain as day says take the percent of fuel trim and multiply that by the period in that range. I wish other than the tuning school there was a way to break it down barney style dumbasses like me lol

Tuner
    Trust me I am still learning. Just takes time. 14 months into this and I am comfortable with with a lot of things, but still scratch my head on things but learning something new every day. Comparing tunes helped me

Tuner in Training
    shelbe67, starting out with known MAF transfer function data is key. Please see attached file for stock 2014 GT Manual with ONLY the PMAS changes made. These MAF values are also on PMAS website under the "Transfer Function" page. Copy "X" and "Y" axis values for MAF Period, this should get you very close, then just fine tune fueling according to Cookbook.stockpmas.hpt

Tuner
    good starting point there...^^^^^^^^^^

Tuner in Training
    i'm glad to see you're getting there with the maf curve, i myself was in your place almost 8 months ago and still i go back to the maf curve tuning to perfect the fueling trims.

from experience PMAS is a bit difficult to tune unlike the other intakes, yet i will always and forever will highly recommend it even though i hate how bad it is at idle lol