Thread: 5.3 flex fuel delete help

Tuner in Training

5.3 flex fuel delete help

needing help with tune can not figure out why im getting -10+ ltfts at idle i have attached log and tune file

my attempt to disable dod and remove torque management. along with spark changes and maf cal.

is there a different way i should be going about this.

Thanks in advanced.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Use your logs to tell you where it's rich and remove fuel as required.

If between 2000-3000hz on the MAF curve it's rich, remove 1-2% worth of fuel and see what happens. You also have the VVE tables that control fueling but if this engine is stock you can probably trying removing just a little bit of fuel from the MAF is the desired area's at idle.

Fair warning here, you do not have the valve train to run this engine to 6,400rpm. You need valve springs for sure and I wouldn't take the DOD lifters that high. Power is dropping off at 5,600-5,800 anyway, make it shift at 5,900-6,000rpm.

And don't mirror your timing tables, it does not work like that. There is a reason they are suppose to be different on the high/low.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training

did more edits

added my low oct spark chart back in

dropped back to the stock 6k in gear rpm and 6100 max

attached new tune and 3 logs 5-50 hard accelerate 5-50 normal accelerate and 30-60 wot

Trims are little rich under normal conditions, it can be tweaked.

What fuel do you run? I ask because I want to know the octane rating and why you set the stoich to 14.32.

Lots of things can be done, it just all depends on what you want from the truck. Power enrichment is a little rich still, 11.93 commanded AFR is a bit fat. 12.2-12.3 is pretty good on these trucks. 87% throttle is still stock, I tend to go lower at 65% and raise the MAP enable to 80kpa too.

Most people will lessen the burst knock or turn that off all together. That stuff can happen when you stab the throttle sometimes, it's something you can log to see if it's doing anything.

The transmission shifts look stock/slowish. Transmission tuning does wonders on the 6 speeds. Nice quick clean shifts, no more lag between gears, can get rid of shift flares and change the converter lock speeds/gears. I'm sure I've posted about it various threads on here and have some tunes floating around that be referenced for information.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    currently running 89 0-e now normally run 89 reg thought about swapping stoich back to 14.67 i found you 2013 trans tune file going to try thous setting

Tuner in Training
    Made trans changes whole difference pickup now also adjusted the stoich back to 14.67 Logs look great when in PE besides i need to refuel to 93 octane i think will get rid of the little bit of spark retard

having issues with airmass over fuel what chart do you recommend to edit to slow remove this this while out of PE and in loop

I'm not sure what you mean on the second part, that sentence doesn't make any sense to me.

Lower your high octane spark timing 1-2 degrees to see if the knock goes away. It should be pretty much knock free on 89 octane with the right timing. 91+ octane can allow for more.

Tuner in Training
    ok sorry was not reading what i was typing

while not in PE look to be running 8-17% rich what chart should i be editing for this... this ecm has so many for charts then my 02

I said a little bit in the first post.

The MAF and VVE control fueling. Adding or removing from those tables does the same for fueling. The MAF airflow freq curve and the VVE editor under the edit tab control fueling. So like I said, if you watch the data logs and or make the correct graph/chart to watch this data you can follow the table just like it is in the editor. Match the area's in the table where it's rich/lean to get fuel under control.

This can be done using the fuel trim or with a wideband o2 sensor. The VCM scanner section may have write ups up this stuff still.

And remember we have no real idea what the exact fueling is, we just see how much the fuel trims are having to correct to get you back to stoich in closed loop. It's just a good guess as to where it is and how close it can be fixed. Also, fuel trims are not active in power enrichment and these trucks use narrowband sensors, so it's impossible to know what the real air fuel ratio is there too. This is why it's best to error on the side of caution with a richer fuel mixture on low 12's in PE. A wideband is required if you want to really fine tune the fueling to get the most from the engine.

Tuner in Training
    i have a wide band was just waiting till i install my headers to install it might just weld a spare bung in tomorrow.

thanks again on the vve and maf i will start working on this a little at a time over the next few days

Tuner in Training
    ok did a little vve tonight with pe deactive by setting it to 100% tps

after 15 drive this is what i ended the night with

Tuner in Training
    did a tune session tonight about 2 hours worth heres my end files

Advanced Tuner
    I think we could help more if we new what mods have been done to this vehicle?

Advanced Tuner
    I wouldn’t disable PE. Filter the data instead if you don’t have the wideband installed yet.