Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 218/226 cam need just a touch more chop

Advanced Tuner
    Meant to say tad

Advanced Tuner
    Cool I'm glad that worked for you.

Yes you can add another 50% maximum, do not go too wild.
    The misfire counter will detect phantom misfire, therefore, you have to multiply the idle misfire tables by 1.5 to not encounter any misfire codes like p0300.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm going to multiply by 1.2 instead.

Would I multiply 1.2 to all the idle tables under Cylinder Mode and SCD Mode under misfire?

Tuner in Training
    [QUOTE=Jonblarc7;611632]I've got my MAF and VE table dialed in pretty good and the truck sounds healthy and is running great. I just wanted a touch more chop at idle. I can't find any information on how to make the GEN V chop a little more. I've read on previous generations to change the overspeed and underspeed tables but I'm guessing GEN V doesn't have these tables? It's so close to sounding like I want and it's like it wants to chop for just a second then goes away. Any help would be great!!!

It's on

Tuner in Training
    [QUOTE=Jonblarc7;611632]I've got my MAF and VE table dialed in pretty good and the truck sounds healthy and is running great. I just wanted a touch more chop at idle. I can't find any information on how to make the GEN V chop a little more. I've read on previous generations to change the overspeed and underspeed tables but I'm guessing GEN V doesn't have these tables? It's so close to sounding like I want and it's like it wants to chop for just a second then goes away. Any help would be great!!!

I have the exact same cam and just downloaded the hp tuning software. Still getting dialed in with the software but what exactly did you adjust in your tune to clean up your tune?

Advanced Tuner
    You need a wideband to really dial it in. I'm no expert and I just started messing with this stuff. But you can't go wrong by watch Goat Rope's tuning 101 video's. Just go step but step with his video's and you'll learn a lot. If you have any questions just send me a PM.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oEO01pSgOUMOwa

Tuner in Training
    Okay thank you. Yeah mine already has a street tune from a lsx performance shop in Charlotte but the guy hasn?t done too many gen v engines. I?m just looking to clear up the sluggish feeling when it?s cruising at low rpm <> 1000-1400<> rpms

Tuner in Training
    I don?t even have this table in my hp tuners software for my 14 Silverado.

I have under the idle tab.
    Base set point
    Launch assist
    Climate control set point
    Minimum set point
    Max set point
    Rolling / moving idle
    Startup

This is it.

Advanced Tuner
    You not in advance view

Advanced Tuner
    Edit at the top>view>advanced

Tuner in Training
    Thank you sir.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedabri97 View Post
    If you want it to chop more go to engine>idle>rpm>adaptive>speed control>immediate table.
    multiply the values by 2 for columns -75 to 75 error and then make transition to the columns to the left and the right smooth.

This will make the timing to oscillate causing an aggressive chop.

Will doing this effect anything else with the engine? Or is it just used to get more of a chop

No side effects.

Tuner in Training
    I made those changes and yes it felt like it chopped more but didn?t really wanna rev smoothly. And felt like it fumed the place up

Advanced Tuner
    Yea I multiplied by 2 then got greedy and wanted more but never made those changes. Because it was giving off alot of fumes at multiplying by 2. I went back and worked on my MAF and VE tuning and that help alot with the fumes. My VE was running richer than I thought.

Tuner in Training
    Any way to help me make sure my MAF and VE are good? You got an email I can contact you through?

Advanced Tuner
    sent you a PM