Thread: Dodge Neon Srt4 issues

Tuner in Training

Dodge Neon Srt4 issues

I have an 04 dodge neon srt4 and i use to have a Diablo sport for the tune and i bought a base tune from someone in the states but i have a lot of issues with the tune, so I decide to use HPTuners and fix some of them... But i cant really find the way that the PCM works with the cruising and Idle afrs, i can say that in WOT afr & timming is where i want or at least i can adjust it as i want, but, in idle or if you touch a little the gas pedal (around 1000-1300 rpms or if you try to hold it in around 3k rpms) it just leans a lot (around 17s on the wideband) and trou me a fault code "random missfire" if you just skip that parts everything else works fine...

Can some one help try to fix this?

This is the set up on the car...

Kit big turbo agp (turbo,tmfold, h2housing), 3 bar map & tip, water meth AEM, walbro 255 fuel pump, Deatschwerks 750cc

post the tune and log
    base fuel pressure 58?
    returnline ?

Tuner in Training
    Ok, let me do a datalog... I don't have a return line

make sure you have the right data from DW.. if not contact them.. https://www.deatschwerks.com/dodge-calibrations
    with bigger injectors they get a little fussy and low pulse width idle and cruse.. i'm fighting that now..
    worth getting the injectors flow tested and cleaned too or better yet replace them with deka 80#

suggest reading this.. https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-te...tion-with-fic/

Tuner in Training
    well thats the Tune file and the datalog of it...

Tuner in Training
    I did, I have all the info From the guys at DW they were very friendly and helpful but i start another Base program to test the cal from the injectors and I have to increase like 45% the VE table to start working kind of normal... so i just went back and reflash the "before" tune...

it works kind of smoother than the before file, but i think something has to be wrong, the ve table is just to big on % on the non boosted area, and i just try to step on it a lil bit to se the AFRs and it just wouldnt work... (too rich)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CornejoGSR; 05-25-2020 at 11:43 PM.

i'm no expert.. i'd start with the stock VE table and and the DW injector data (new coil and plugs too).. double check the fuel pressure ..
    are the injectors new or flow tested recently ?
    try increasing "inj pw min" (double it.. and the car should idle better and probably pig rich.. )

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    i'm no expert.. i'd start with the stock VE table and and the DW injector data (new coil and plugs too).. double check the fuel pressure ..
    are the injectors new or flow tested recently ?
    try increasing "inj pw min" (double it.. and the car should idle better and probably pig rich.. )
    I try the stock VE table just with the DW Data in and the car did this...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q1CprK3fM4pBZ5q26

after that i Just increase the VE table 2 o 3 times by 10 or 15 % i Don't remember exactly and the car work waaay better than the actual program that i'm using on normal driving (non boosted Area)... but i have not touch it again since I use a completly stock program i Have to raise the RPM limit a lil bit and reescale the tables to work with the 3 bar map, but i have not done that yet... I'm trying to make it work smoot on normal Driving conditions first lol

Don?t use the data DW provides as it doesn?t work for the DCX . What the setup on the car ? I can help you out with a base to get you started .

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_Tuning View Post
    Don?t use the data DW provides as it doesn?t work for the DCX . What the setup on the car ? I can help you out with a base to get you started .
    the set up on the car is this...

Kit big turbo agp (turbo,tmfold, h2housing)
    Clutch act xtreme
    Downpipe needwings
    3in MPX catback
    3bar map and tip
    Cai aem
    AEM water meth injection 1000cc noozle
    Big Intercooler
    Balance Shaft removed
    Boost box (i'm trying to remove this, and work the boost controller whit HPtuners)
    Wot Box
    Walbro 255
    DW Injectors 750cc
    ported Intake

I think thats it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_Tuning View Post
    try this file and reset fuel trims.2004 Neon SRT-4 dw 750cc Modified by MI-Tuning.hpt
    How do you reset the fuel trims?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CornejoGSR View Post
    How do you reset the fuel trims?
    nevermind i think i found how to do it...

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...eset+fuel+trim

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help, i could drive the car smootly now
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CornejoGSR; 06-06-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Hey no problem , glad I could
    Help with a base Calibration !