Thread: Best buy for first ownership of the MPVI2 PRO????

Potential Tuner

Best buy for first ownership of the MPVI2 PRO????

I'm currently tuning my 2001 Mustang gt with SCT. Ok now I'm switching to HP. What I want to do is just jump in feet first and and buy the MPVI2 Pro with everything. Just makes sense to me I don't buy just half of something unless there is a reasoning. What are all the HP Tuners users thoughts? Also if you have used SCT for tuning Ford vs tuning with HP software what are your thoughts? Is it more user friendly and can you access more with HP. Thanks for any info that can be useful before I purchase. Looking forward to tuning with HP

Tuner in Training
    Most of the Pro Features aren't available yet. The only thing that works are the Pro Link analog inputs and CAN bus. So unless you need either of these, I would wait for HP Tuners to get MPVI2 firmware fully implemented before purchasing the Pro Features. I don't like using the analog inputs for sensors like wideband because that adds a D/A and A/D conversion which increases quantization noise as well as analog noise from ground loops, etc. There really isn't any reason to buy the Pro Features now unless you want the Pro Link CAN bus connection. If HP Tuners ever implement the standalone features, it will be a different story.

Potential Tuner
    i just purchased the MPVI2 pro and have started working with it. what am i missing? there are multiple parameters within VCM scanner i am not able to monitor as well as multiple tabs within the VCM editor i am not able to open. i guess i assumed if i purchased the PRO everything would already be unlocked? Is there more licensing that i need to purchase?

Tuner in Training
    The only other licensing I'm aware of is if you want user defined parameters. That license allows you to import TunerPro definitions.

Tuner
    Don't buy the pro version. Not worth it at all yet. The best features you WOULD want, have been "in the works" for a long time now, and they will just say "no eta"... you don't need pro, just get the regular version.

@xupb27kda - make sure you are switched to advanced view in Editor, and not all PIDs are available for all vehicles.

if it works as good as mine, the best thing you can do after you buy it, is go throw it in the river. will add years to your life