Thread: New here might need some guidence

Potential Tuner

New here might need some guidence

Hi folks, newbie here. Ive been playing with Hp Tuners for just a little while now but on the dodge platform but the VW?Audi seems a different beast. Im the proud owner a 2013 Audi A4 2.0TFSI That's equipped with the slightly better IHI J5 Turbo than the K03. So i have been told and also from some research.

I would very much appreciate some guidance with this platform and where to start. I have had a bit of a look around on my stock file and ive been comparing it to some stock files i have seen on the forum here and im just slightly lost. Im not sure if my car has been given a stage 1 type tune, but it seems comparing base tunes that mine doesn't particularly match with other stock files. Id be much appreciative if someone could send me a stock file of the same motor (CDNC) so that i could see if theres something going on.

Im just trying to get my car in its reasonably stock form, only has a cts cold air intake, to better level than stock. Im in the process of doing a bigger turbo but thats still a little while away. And ill also be custom fabbing all my own exhaust system. I appreciate any help i could get.
    Cheers

There is a ton of good info here and since this part of the forum is not super popular it does not take very long to go through all of it, I think there is only like 7 pages of threads. I suggest starting off with digging through everything here and gathering all of the good posts and info people have posted. Anything from TylerJDubbs (He does tuning for people, Ward Performance is the name I believe and if you want to pay someone he will knock it out of the park) or bb-tt is going to be top notch, those guys really know what is up for this platform (Med17.1). There are specifically some repository threads where people posted stock files and a handful of tune files but I would not suggest blindly following any of those until you learn more, but gathering it for reference materiel is good.

If you branch out into the wild internet there is a lot more good info to be found on tuning this platform but it might not be from the HP Tuners view, but all of the concepts to learn are the same. Audizine has a few threads with some good tidbits, as well as nefmoto and there are other tuning forums out there. Some of the best info is in the Bosch funktionsrahmen, which is the original German technical manual on the engine software, I have tried to find the MED17.1 version but have been unable to locate it thus far. People keep this stuff close to the chest as there is a lot of money to be made in tuning vehicles and honestly this isn't for everyone if you want to do it right and not damage your car.

I have done some tuning a long time ago on my 2001 S4 using direct hex and some WinOLS and spent the last year or so in my spare time researching and learning this platform before I was ready to start digging in to my 2016 A5 w/ ZF8 CPMB engine code.

Start reading everything here and keep us posted on your journey and if you have any questions I will do my best to assist if I can and other people will occasionally pop in and drop some knowledge! I have been thinking of putting what I have gathered into a thread centered around my own personal tuning and may still do so if time permits.

Good luck on your adventure, it is really fun and rewarding to do this stuff yourself if you are the DIY kind of person.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you Twist for your feedback. I have been and will continue to do alot of research. Every little bit helps and it's much appreciated.