Thread: E85 Timing Tables vs 93 octane

Tuner in Training

E85 Timing Tables vs 93 octane

Hello everyone! I am new to the HP Tuners, but I've been a Technician my entire life. I have recently had my 2017 Camaro SS dyno tuned to a point at a local speed shop. I had everything installed, he set up the E85 but there are no timing adjustments on the flex fuel table and there are certain points where the timing drops off from the stock tune. Any one have this issue or is there any suggestions to adjust timing to the best settings?

Tuner in Training
    Can you post the file? Is it stock with just flex fuel?

Lots of tables need modded to make FF work like it should!! But if timing is same as on 93 and was optimized for 93 you are missing out on power

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Post your tune and logs so we can see what is going on.

The timing you can add is really one of those "it depends" type of things, maybe 2 degrees, maybe 4 degrees. The commanded fueling should be leaner on E85 though.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I did some adjustments on it, I did retard the timing for the E85, took it for a ride and it does run smoother. I don't want to do much until I get my Wideband in.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Couple things I noticed in your tune,

Your Stoich AFR table is not setup correctly for running a flex sensor, and your Driver Demand tables are maxed out in the top 2 rows?

Tuner in Training
    I am not sure I understand.... the Alcohol Composition % goes from 14 down to 8.9 at 100% ethanol.

Tuner in Training
    Check out how I did mine for reference GGGGGGGGGG.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Ok so I see that the Stoich is off for 93 octane... but 14.7 is standard. I am lost on this calculation lmao

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyB2017SS View Post
    Ok so I see that the Stoich is off for 93 octane... but 14.7 is standard. I am lost on this calculation lmao
    14.7 is standard for E0 gasoline. E10 (pump gas) is around 14.1. Pure E85 is around 9.8. His table is correct