Thread: new build, looking for some advice on tune

Potential Tuner

new build, looking for some advice on tune

Hi everyone, I've been building engines for awhile but new to tuning. This motor is in a 68 camaro with a t56 magnum. I started and it seems to idle ok, but the LTFT seems very high at around 30. Any recommendations would be great. I also plan on getting a wideband in the near future.

LS3 block 416 cu in
    11.4 compression
    232/242 .621"/.604" 114+4
    LS3 heads, injectors and intake
    1 7/8 headers with 3" exhaust
    Attached Files Attached Files

What's your fuel pressure?

If that is okay then I suppose you could just add 10% worth of the fuel to the MAF and VVE tables to see if that brings the trims down from +30.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    According to the scanner it?s at 58 psi

That scanner pid won't be right because you don't have the fuel pump control module that would have come on the stock vehicle you got the engine/computer from. I also doubt you are running a fuel pressure sensor in the fuel feed line. There is no sensor at the rail or anything like that.

Manually check fuel pressure to make sure it is around 58psi.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I checked the fuel pressure manually and it's good. I think the problem was leaks in the exhaust messing with the o2 sensors. I disabled the maf sensor so that I could get some exhaust work done and for some reason it hits a brick wall at around 2500rpm and injector pulse width goes down to .8ms. Attached is the tune with the maf not failed, it's kind of a mess since I've been trying all sorts of different things with no success. Any help is appreciated!6-5 camaro.hpt

Tuner in Training
    You need to force open loop and tune the fuel tables (maf and vve) you then turn o2 sensors back on and verify trims. Your wideband will be needed for this to be done properly