Thread: Editor double writing?

Tuner in Training

Editor double writing?

I don't know if it's just me or is anyone else finding on the 6.7 that it takes 4 odd minutes to write erases and writes again for nearly 3 minutes? Also I need to be online now where as before I could write even when out of range.

It writes the ECM first and then the TCM as they are two separate controllers. Depending on how many changes you make and if you select "write entire" or "write calibration" will affect this time. Just hit write calibration which is default for the ECM to save some time, and the TCM has to write entire which doesn't take that long.

Tuner in Training
    No this is when only writing the engine and not the gearbox. S am I the only one then.......hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangas87 View Post
    No this is when only writing the engine and not the gearbox. S am I the only one then.......hahaha
    I never have this on my 6.7. my only option is write entire also. Engine takes about 8 minutes and trans takes 3.

Tuner in Training
    You can select from the drop downs and only write engine or gearbox. In the past it has always been about 3 minutes for engine alone and about the same for gearbox alone. I have only noticed recently tho that I have now needed internet connection to write the tunes and that for some reason when writing the engine it erases, writes for 4-5 minutes then erases again then writes again for 3 mins then gives me the 3 second turn off/on before saying complete. Maybe it's just me......

Tuner
    It started doing this when Write Entire became an option on the 11-12 trucks. The internet is required so that you can write these trucks. The double write happens when doing entire or cal only.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I noticed that internet was required which is really bad as I'm often a long way from reception in outback Australia. I wonder why we now need an internet connection to write tunes.