Thread: MAF tuning ruined!?

MAF tuning ruined!?

why is that when I get my maf dialed in within +/- 1% and turn the STFT back on, the STFT's percentage jumps to 20-30%?

When i was done tuning my wideband was constant .990 to 1.000 lambda then I turned STFT back on and my wideband starts to jump around from .950 and 1.030 never staying steady! all the tuning I did was literally erased. When I turned off STFT again all my percentages were no where close to zero anymore?!?

I thought when I tuned my maf it was supposed to bring STFT corrections within 1-2%? Not make STFT correct at 20-30%?

Tuner in Training
    How are you setting up your graphs? Did you disable the PE and tune between 1,000 and 4,000 rpm? I just did a few logs on mine and have everything pretty close to 0.0 What exactly are you tuning as well?

Never disable PE mode... just pay attention to when commanded lambda AFR/lambda changes and WB should match

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

This is on a 18 gmc 5.3. I used the maf error graph and applied it to the maf frequency table by multiplying by half.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyB2017SS View Post
    How are you setting up your graphs? Did you disable the PE and tune between 1,000 and 4,000 rpm? I just did a few logs on mine and have everything pretty close to 0.0 What exactly are you tuning as well?
    When you turn on STFT does it show a correction percentage close to 0?

I'm going to try making adjustments using narrowband and see if it makes the STFT correction percentage smaller.