Thread: 2016 Mustang Gt Whipple Stage 1 throttle blade not opening for WOT

Tuner in Training

2016 Mustang Gt Whipple Stage 1 throttle blade not opening for WOT

2016 Mustang GT Manual trans

Whipple Stage one kit using Factory throttle body
    Won't go into PE at WOT because the throttle blade isn't opening all the way.

KOEO TPS1 4.2v TPS2 .80v TPS2 .42 closed manually

With my snap on scanner hooked up I can read all throttle data
    When i first turn the ignition on everything works and the throttle blades opens all the way when i push the accel pedal to the floor.
    This will happen about 3-5 times if i keep pressing the accel pedal to the floor. Then all of a sudden it limits the throttle blade to 43%

I can't log anything with the VCM scanner i'm waiting to see if support can fix that problem.
    I have been talking to Whipple support as well to resolve this i'm waiting on answers from them.

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before?

Tuner in Training
    It appears to be the Whipple calibration causing the issue with the Throttle body.

Luckily i had saved the Stock tune file in Hp tuners before doing the install. I wrote the stock file back to the vehicle and the throttle works fine now. It never gets restricted.

One more strike for Whipple calibrations. Glad you got it figured out.

Potential Tuner
    Cool, there was a similar problem!

When you initially performed your read out with HP Tuners, did you get a pop up that the file was being auto-patched and would require a write entire?

If not, the Whipple tune has a built in fail-safe feature that if you read/modify or re-write it, there will be a throttle fail safe mode. It's part of their strategy to keep the tune from being modifed.

I had to have support add-in my whipple OS. Same problems as you as far as logging, nothing was there in the scanner really besides basic stuff.

After they added in the Cal, it prompted me to re-flash, after which everything works properly and even the Whipple flight controls are incorporated into the VCM scanner.

I love the Whipple OS. I have boost by gear (on the Auto cars), and can now keep it with HP being able to modify the Whipple tune. Driveability with the Whipple tune is perfect as well, always has been.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw