Thread: Thoughts??

Tuner in Training

Thoughts??

Just a quick one for the seasoned tuners out there,
    Am green to this new tuning thing, but over time I hope with assistance I will get better.

Is there anyone who can really break this down into less technical terms, and let me know what may be wrong.
    2008 Commodore (G8)
    6.0 litre L77, DOD removed,
    Stock heads
    VCM5SC cam (224/[email protected])
    VCM OTR intake.
    1 7/8 , 4 into 1 headers, high flow 100 cell cats, twin 3 inch
    Stock 6L80E trans, and torque convertor, yes i know the cam is pushing friendship levels with torque convertor.
    2.92 final

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Break what down into less technical terms, to let you know what may be wrong with what?

I can tell you even before knowing what you're looking to solve, whatever that turns out to be, you will need to be logging a lot more channels.

You didnt even ask a question.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq

Tuner in Training
    Fair call,

What channels would be best to log?
    do the ratios and spark look alright?
    as I am completely green to this,
    I would like to know if I am adjusting the wrong things. If I need to add/ subtract timing, or fuel.
    I am trying to learn.

Hard to know what the fueling is like without a wideband in the logs.

You're also running is pretty lean in my opinion. Nearly 13.0 AFR is pretty lean for pump gas.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    thanks 5FDP,

When it was dyno it was apparently running AFR of 13.1 and made 303.1 kw and 600nm at the tread.
    what would you suggest?
    at the moment I dont have a wideband, which makes things difficult..

Tuner in Training
    Without a Wideband you can't do Power Enrichment tuning. So get one... This one is easy to tie into HPtuners using the ODB2 port: https://www.amazon.com/AEM-Wideband-...=33T03NSOF2IQ7

Here are some additional channels to log:
    ls3 channels 1.8.2024.Channels.xml

You need to search for how to dial in your fuel trims. This will require disabling certain features in the tune, datalogging, and correct the % error in the fuel trims. This part will take some time. Once the fuel trims are dialed in, you can then re-enable the required features in the tune. Then you can move on to PE tuning and correcting for any errors in the MAF signal.

Disabling VE and running off the MAF might be the easiest place to start. If you altered the intake in any way, it could require additional tuning of the MAF table to correct for the changes you made. However, most will recommend doing the VE tuning in addition to MAF tuning, but it is very time consuming and requires you to do some research to understand the process.

Tuner in Training
    Cheers for that c4z.

will look into it