Thread: Tuning for LSPI (low speed Pre-ignition) 2018 F150

Advanced Tuner

Tuning for LSPI (low speed Pre-ignition) 2018 F150

How are you guys attacking low speed pre ignition? More fuel at lower loads? Decreasing the LSPI tables? Removing throttle delays?

Specific tables would be awesome.

2018 F150 3.5 L EcoBoost.

Given the fact that octane is 91.

Oil is SN+, which is supposed to help with soot, and oil droplets causing the super knock.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    on the LSPI tables for my 2.0 escape. I am adjusting the lo, high nominal tables after the 2k rpm range. Leaving the lower rpms alone to keep things working like they should. So far results have been good I am running 87 currently and have not had any issues. Even though I am not running colder spark plugs this is something I may look into as I have read it prevents LSPI

Advanced Tuner
    SN+ oil helps mitigate LSPI, along with higher octane.

I'm going to try lowering timing first in the low speed areas and increase octane.

Tuner in Training
    Hey SVT I would target high load areas for the timing adjustments vs low load. If you target all loads you may see less mpgs daily driving. I'm tuning with 87 octane at 18.5psi and havent been too concerned. I will have to lower timing but stock timing and the knock sensors have been doing their job. Dont circumvent the system but work within its parameters. I'm planning on actually advancing timing on the low load to increase mpg since I commute 60miles each way.

Advanced Tuner
    I get knock from 1400 to 2000 usually from a stoplight, or light part throttle.

Tuner in Training
    that's odd. Is this a stock tune that is doing this? are you towing during these conditions?

Advanced Tuner
    No towing. Just normal driving. I'm hearing what sounds like knock at low loads, low speeds.

If you were experiencing super knock "lspi" you would need a motor.