View Poll Results: Is this something you can seriously help me with?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: Lean Spike when goes into gear

Lean Spike when goes into gear

6.0L Gen 3, Big Cam 300 Duration. Idles okay, could be better. Anyways, when I put it in gear, (4l60E) it goes off the scale on the wide band, the left bank O2 sensor flat lines and the Right 02 Sensor is left working. You can see on the log about 1:39.551 all this happens. The Delivered torque goes down, the IAC Position goes Full Tilt, RPMS Drop Significantly. I have changed the Base running airflow up to 20 down to 8 to see if it will richen up. I have played with the Idle zones and that really got it to Idle and not stall in gear but that is it. I am stumped at this point. As far as the rest of the tune, it makes 544 at 6500, 490 Tq. So the rest is healthy. I just cant get the idle right in gear. I have tried Richening up the VE and Maf in the area it changes to when in gear. I have tried making it go into PE at Idle and that didnt work. Trying to turn off fuel trims is runs worse than in Closed loop no matter how well I adjust the fueling.

I am pretty sure I have a false lean during idle tuning because it just keeps increasing the error until it runs stupid lean.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trucker82; 05-23-2020 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Oops

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucker82 View Post
    6.0L Gen 3, Big Cam 300 Duration. Idles okay, could be better. Anyways, when I put it in gear, (4l60E) it goes off the scale on the wide band, the left bank O2 sensor flat lines and the Right 02 Sensor is left working. You can see on the log about 1:39.551 all this happens. The Delivered torque goes down, the IAC Position goes Full Tilt, RPMS Drop Significantly. I have changed the Base running airflow up to 20 down to 8 to see if it will richen up. I have played with the Idle zones and that really got it to Idle and not stall in gear but that is it. I am stumped at this point. As far as the rest of the tune, it makes 544 at 6500, 490 Tq. So the rest is healthy. I just cant get the idle right in gear. I have tried Richening up the VE and Maf in the area it changes to when in gear. I have tried making it go into PE at Idle and that didnt work. Trying to turn off fuel trims is runs worse than in Closed loop no matter how well I adjust the fueling.

I am pretty sure I have a false lean during idle tuning because it just keeps increasing the error until it runs stupid lean.
    Big cam with overlap will create a false lean at idle.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi