Thread: User Defined Parameters

User Defined Parameters

Anybody know of a "How To" to write XDF's in Tuner Pro for Ford Diesels?

Tuner
    They write the same as any XDF that you are going to write in TunerPro. Is there something specific that you are looking for?

I was wondering if there was a guide on what hardware to use with TunerPro to read an ECM and then get writing XDF's to be used in HP Tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by calgarylsswapper View Post
    I was wondering if there was a guide on what hardware to use with TunerPro to read an ECM and then get writing XDF's to be used in HP Tuners.
    You don't need to read the ecm with anything other than HPT. You can download the files from Ford and convert them to a .bin.
    https://www.fordtechservice.dealerco...?swproduct=IDS

If you do want to read the .bin directly from the ecu, PCMflash now supports the 6.7s. https://ecutools.eu/chip-tuning/pcmflash/module-75/
    $145 for that module, $19 for the dongle to license the software, plus a J2534 interface. Probably the cheapest way to read the ecu.

Quote Originally Posted by jr2185 View Post
    You don't need to read the ecm with anything other than HPT. You can download the files from Ford and convert them to a .bin.
    https://www.fordtechservice.dealerco...?swproduct=IDS

If you do want to read the .bin directly from the ecu, PCMflash now supports the 6.7s. https://ecutools.eu/chip-tuning/pcmflash/module-75/
    $145 for that module, $19 for the dongle to license the software, plus a J2534 interface. Probably the cheapest way to read the ecu.
    What are you using to convert them to a .bin?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    There are a handful of different tools out there that will do it. With the newer 6.7 files you have to have a utility to decrypt the Volvo Build File (VBF) before you can convert it with the pre-existing tools. If you do a google search for VBF tool you can find a free utility that will handle the conversion. The older Packed Hex Files (PHF) don't have as much support out there, but I believe that with the right plugins you can convert all of the files with WinOLS. If you need something like this shoot me a pm.....

I have software called VBF Tool 2.2.0 that works up to the '16 files. Then they changed them and I get someone with the WinOLS .vbf add-on to convert them for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HBSSROB View Post
    There are a handful of different tools out there that will do it. With the newer 6.7 files you have to have a utility to decrypt the Volvo Build File (VBF) before you can convert it with the pre-existing tools. If you do a google search for VBF tool you can find a free utility that will handle the conversion. The older Packed Hex Files (PHF) don't have as much support out there, but I believe that with the right plugins you can convert all of the files with WinOLS. If you need something like this shoot me a pm.....
    What utilities are there to decrypt the newer ones?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jr2185 View Post
    What utilities are there to decrypt the newer ones?
    I saw mention somewhere that the WinOLS vbf plugin now handles it. I sent you a pm.

Yes, it’s winOLS VBF plug-in

I can do pm me
    Last edited by PSM 6.4; 08-18-2020 at 12:12 AM.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Tuner in Training
    I cant find the vbf file using the links

Hpt shows os ddbz1ay for 2011 f250 and 2012 f350 for dbz2m4...
    Last edited by kiwi_jay; 06-30-2022 at 12:46 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    Hey can you tell me how the os ddbz1ay ( hpt)can be used to find the calid to then download the correct vbf/calibration file?

Thank you...