Thread: 2015 Coyote VCT delay after startup

Potential Tuner

2015 Coyote VCT delay after startup

I?ve been looking all over the software for the vct delay after startup for a 2015 mustang gt pp but no luck. I can swear I?ve seen it before but now can?t seem to find it. On a stock tune with sct its set to 5s after start. I?m trying to avoid flashing with sct.

Advanced Tuner
    if its not available youll have to put in a ticket to get it added

what are you trying to do? That delay is to account for hydraulic lag after changing the oil and varying temperature first starts.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Potential Tuner
    Every once in a while say 2 out of 5 times, specially after the car has been sitting for more than a day without running, when it starts after a 5 seconds there is a slight hiccup on the rpms and you can feel the car shake for a sec. It always recovers inmediatly and never stalls. I've log it several times and it always present 5 seconds after start and its always when the vct mode goes from disable to emission reduction (intake cam goes from 0 to 20 degrees). I figure if I set the delay a little longer to get more heat to the cylinders before the change or as you mention hydraulic lag might me non existent by the times it enables vct.

Quote Originally Posted by christopherlya View Post
    Every once in a while say 2 out of 5 times, specially after the car has been sitting for more than a day without running, when it starts after a 5 seconds there is a slight hiccup on the rpms and you can feel the car shake for a sec. It always recovers inmediatly and never stalls. I've log it several times and it always present 5 seconds after start and its always when the vct mode goes from disable to emission reduction (intake cam goes from 0 to 20 degrees). I figure if I set the delay a little longer to get more heat to the cylinders before the change or as you mention hydraulic lag might me non existent by the times it enables vct.
    Disable the emission reduction table, play with ect>vct angles tables - keep EVO close to 0 and IVO somewhere between 20-30.