Thread: newbie tuner needing help

Tuner in Training

newbie tuner needing help

so, the backstory is that I swapped my 92 camaro with a 4L80E/6.0. everything was left alone except for an LS1 intake, E85 injectors (got flow rates off of tune repository and put that in) Long tubes with a short dual 3" exhaust, cold air intake, corvette regulator/filter.
    It starts and idles but will pop out the exhaust. LTFT is at 25%
    Things that I have done to try to remedy this is a smoke test on the vacuum system, found no leaks
    new spark plugs (TR55 NGK gapped at .055) new plug wires, Taylor race wires, swapped injectors for the E85 ones as the truck injectors were clogged. added 25 to the VE Table and now it idles but surges, doesn't backfire anymore though. this is currently what is loaded into the car and a log file.
    20-05-24 13-21-55.hpl
    here are the tune/log, can someone take a look and give me a direction to go in? any help is appreciated!

And what's your fuel pressure at? I know what that regulator combo will hold it at but what is it really at with a manual pressure gauge.

Did you copy over more than just the flow rate data?

You need the flow rate, min injector pulse, short pulse adder and offset vs volts information.

Abuse mode needs to be set to 8,000rpm if you don't want it active.

Is the exhaust complete?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    This is interesting. I am working through the same problem on my 5.3. I am in the process of getting longer exhaust and may move the o2 sensors further away from the header runners as I understand being too close is bad. Please let us know if you find the answer and I'll do the same. Good Luck, Keith

Tuner in Training
    I did not change all of that I’ll do that in the morning. Exhaust is complete, it’s an axle dump dual 3” with bullet mufflers. Fuel pressure was 58 when I checked it before but I’ll throw a gauge on to verify tomorrow

Tuner in Training
    Just an update, put the values in that you mentioned 5FDP and added 10% across the board to the VE table for safety sake. Found the exhaust was leaking at the header collector and fixed that, runs much better now. Still seems to want a bit more fuel as the LTFT tend to rise to 10-12% now. Has a misfire issue on #7 and 8 which seems to be common on LS engines but I can’t seem to find an answer as to why. New plugs/wires moved the coils around to see if it follows, changed injectors around etc. will keep everyone updated as I find anything new

Tuner in Training
    Just to update everyone in case they have this issue, I pulled all plugs again and gapped them, moved the wires from the cylinders that didn’t have an issue to ones that were. Didn’t help
    Then I removed the intake and even though I had smoke tested for vacuum leaks I put silicon around the map sensor seal and the rear plug, it wiggles and I wanted to remove all variables, cleaned the gaskets really good again and went to reinstall, that’s where I saw corrosion on the head. It was where the old gasket sealed. I cleaned that up as best I could and put a very light skim of sealer on it and all is well. It had to have been pulling air through slightly on 7 & 8 but wouldn’t show on a smoke test.

Potential Tuner
    It looks like your IAC is fully open at 310 the whole time. Im wondering if its not working properly and letting to much air in causing for the high fuel trims.

These other guys might be able to offer some more guidance as im still a newb myself. But I had to screw with my aftermarket Throttle body alot for similar reasons.

Tuner in Training
    Mine is a DBW setup, from what I can tell they don’t have an IAC and default to 310 at all times