Thread: 6.4 injectors in 2007 5.7 charger ( newb struggles)

Potential Tuner

6.4 injectors in 2007 5.7 charger ( newb struggles)

First let me lead with this , I got the mpvi2 pro Saturday. I don't have a clue. Pretty much been reading ever sense. I bought this charger with a good bit of upgrades but it was in need of a good tune. It came with diablo trinity . I thought maybe I can just reload the tune and clear this up. It was in some kind of safe mode. Only part throttle, after maybe half throttle it would be on some kind of limiter. Turns out it had been dyno tuned with hp. End result it wont run now. I mean it will crank up cold and run for a few seconds , then surging, then sputter then dies. Doesn't want to start back up. I have been as far as retrieving the base tune from the car. I figured it was contaminated. But after finding a stock tune here in the forums and comparing them I cant find anything different. So am thinking the injectors are just off . I have looked all over the net but I cant find any info on 6.4 injectors. Really kinda stumped. I don't understand scaling and all of that yet. but I can copy and past if I can find the right info. I have figured out turning off egr and downstream o2 . Just struggling with the injectors and getting it to idle. I am going to post all the things done, if you guys see something else a newbee would struggle please feel free to weigh in.

2007 charger rt
    long tube headers
    full exhaust no cats
    6.4 injectors
    comp cam no cam card but 6.1 valve springs cant be to big
    cheese ball cold air intake
    2010 heads and intake 11.x to 1 compression
    mds is deleted

I ordered a wide band also , it will be here tomorrow. I cant see trying to tune without one. This is my first experience with hp. These forums are awesome. Thanks in advance for anything you guys input. [/I]

Potential Tuner
    Pretty much all day with no progress.

Advanced Tuner
    So the car was tuned with HP, you used a trinity to reload the tune and now the car would not run right? When you got the MPVI2 did you take a read of the tune before messing with the diablo or did you use the diablo already? Are you able to load the "stock" tune (sounds like it might have been the HP tune) with the diablo?

If the tune looks the same as stock one then just changing injectors data won't fix it. You need to turn NN off and adjust your VE values (among other things) all of which seems beyond your capability at the moment. If I were you I would find a shop and have it retuned on a dyno. Then I would make back-ups of that tune and store it in a safe place.

As for injector data, it can be found in a 6.4 charger stock tune.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    yes you need to post the tune if you need any kind of help
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    I would say collect correct info on what installed on her, get the right data of these parts and start with stock tune, if you still have the tune which came on her then compare both result. If still you can't get it running think about leak and mechanical issues.
    Also check this info might help as well https://youtu.be/fhOXcxkpbvM
    Simple... Successful... Intelligent...

Potential Tuner
    Thanks guys, been a bit of a struggle. But I was able to get in contact with the original shop that tuned the car. They were awesome and sent me the tune they had on file. The car started right up. So now its plug and oil change. then Ill be back where I started. I belive my next problem is going to be the trans . Pretty sure it is operating without a tune.