Thread: 6L80 Camaro SS Shift Torque Factor Question

Tuner in Training

6L80 Camaro SS Shift Torque Factor Question

Hey guys!

I've read a couple guides that suggest that reducing the shift torque factor to a .7 ( to reduce TQ MGMT by 30% via calculation) or a .5 ( to reduce TQ mgmt by 50%).

Is this advisable in your guys' opinion? I know not to remove all trans TQ mgmt but is a 30 or 50% reduction acceptable and safe for the trans?

I've removed maybe 10% from that before and that's it.

I can make the transmission do what I want through other changes. Like shift timing, shift speed, shift pressure and on-coming pressure presets.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Hey 5FDP, I have read a TON of your posts from the recent years on this! I'm going to try to compile all the changes you have mentioned for the other parameters. I have found conflicting info from some other folks, some say to leave shift pressure stock. Is there a reason for that?

Tuner in Training
    I'm also just getting into the 6l80 on my camaro, so I am only doing this with small changes until I am a capable and confident tuner for the trans.

I mean for wide open throttle area's I don't really add any shift pressure, it's already pretty high to me. It's the light throttle and medium throttle area's that I add 10-20% to make it better. That along with shift speed and pressure presets gets me the quick/crisp part throttle shifts with no flare/lag between them.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ah I gotcha, if I post up my tune can you look at my trans side if you have the time? There are changes to the shift patterns, tables, etc. And a little reduction of trans TQ mgmt.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakebiteSS View Post
    Ah I gotcha, if I post up my tune can you look at my trans side if you have the time? There are changes to the shift patterns, tables, etc. And a little reduction of trans TQ mgmt.
    TM REV 7 with TCS stock safe, pe delay 3000,tq 6042 all, PE ratio 1.0000, Trans TM 1 to 0.5 ups.hpt