Thread: mustang gt 2006 high start up idle

Potential Tuner

mustang gt 2006 high start up idle

I have a mustang gt 2006 that has been giving me problems since my tune I feel like something with the idle is turn up to high but I cant figure out which table I would need to look in to turn it down if anybody can please help me my car shoots up to almost 5000 rpm on cold start but only lasts for 3 seconds then goes down to regular rpm anybody that can help take a look at my tune or my scan any help will be appreciated
    btw the cars has hot rod cams and long tube headers and exhaust I haveva 3valve does any boy have decent tune for cams
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2fast4ucoupe; 05-25-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Tuner
    Try to lower the idle airflow mult in the lower temp where you having the problem. Also increase the transport delay under O2 sensor section for the LT headers.

Advanced Tuner
    Any time I start to have this problem I know my torque model is off. You shouldnt have to mess with idle airflow unless you have changed the throttle body.

Advanced Tuner
    Any time I start to have this problem I know my torque model is off. You shouldn't have to mess with idle airflow unless you have changed the throttle body. In your case your inverse isn't matching the torque calculations. Fix this to start and see if it gets better.