Thread: Idle Issues with BTR NSR Cam

Potential Tuner

Idle Issues with BTR NSR Cam

I'm running a BTR cam CAM 224/230 112+3 .500" Lift in a in a 03 5.3 dbw setup with a manual trans than I swapped into an old Pontiac. I'm struggling to get it to idle when I'm coming to a stop I have to keep feathering the throttle in hopes it will idle when I stop. Unfortunately I can't find any manual OS "12579405" in the repository to segment swap over. If anyone can give me a hand that would be great. Attached is my config and a log driving it down the road.
    no idleing.hpl Test-5-24.hpt

Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Curios. Do you really have to segment swap for a manual? Cant you just select manual?

Also have yoy tried adding airflow to the throttle follower or rolling idle?
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hoitink View Post
    I'm running a BTR cam CAM 224/230 112+3 .500" Lift in a in a 03 5.3 dbw setup with a manual trans than I swapped into an old Pontiac. I'm struggling to get it to idle when I'm coming to a stop I have to keep feathering the throttle in hopes it will idle when I stop. Unfortunately I can't find any manual OS "12579405" in the repository to segment swap over. If anyone can give me a hand that would be great. Attached is my config and a log driving it down the road.
    no idleing.hpl Test-5-24.hpt

Thanks.
    No need to segment swap, you did it right with the manual in Transmission>General>general>Manual and PRNDL none. The Idle>rpm Base>setpoint should add 200-250 to your entire STOCK table. Return the rolling idle to 0. Idle> Airflow>Startup>Underspeed time give it 2 seconds. Base running airflow multiply current table by 1.60. Startup>Friction Airflow Initial> add 20% to table. I would make the Throttle cracker>Airflow> 400-1600rpm and between 0-32mph = 0 the Throttle Follower is the fine tuning, start by adding 1 g/s if it wants to stall after goosing the throttle and let off then add another 1 g/s making sure table units are g/s!
    Spark>advance>Idle Spark Advance>In Park from 0.08-0.36 and 0-1200rom make 18*, from 1200-2000 same airmass interpolate between Horizontal and from 0,36-1.20 and between 0-2000rpm interpolate verticale bounds. This is a good start but may need add 2* 0-1200 range for better idle. COPY the in Park table to In Gear table.
    The overspeed and underspeed are opposite what you want unless it was to make a very very lopey cam. Add 4* from 12.5rpm up to overspeed and add (-5) to the underspeed table from 12.5-up. If this tames it too much well go back and add 1/2 that.
    PE you are going to need to change the Throttle>Hot and Cold tables, look at the Camaro or Vette for suggestions. Some people make the whole table 1 range and when doing the WOT MAF calibration you should but progressive TPS to engage PE is a lot more fun to drive. Zero the RPM and time delays or if you live in bad weather climate you may want to have some delay. Raising the Enable>MAP is an effective traction control. Torque management>Raise the Max torque rpm and max torque to 640lb-ft, ETC inj disable to 255 all modes. Spark retard vs torque reduction multiply by 0.30, some will 0 this out. Being a manual it won't effect the trans shift torque management to 0 out. There is probably some more but I hope this helps.