Thread: Cam stalls after idle

Potential Tuner

Cam stalls after idle

2014 Ram 1500 5.7, just installed Texas speed stage 2 HL cam and shorty headers. 218 I 226 E .582 lift and 112 seperation.

Trying to get it to idle. I set the rpm to 1000, adjusted proportional throttle up a bit and turned down the proportional spark. Today I had it fire up from cold, ran ok for about 10 minutes, I could blip the throttle and drive the truck and it would maintain idle. I tried a few times to get it to stall. After about 10 minutes I blipped the throttle and then it died. Trying to crank it won't start unless you touch the pedal then dies after releasing. After it dies and won't start and it appears the throttle position is very low (0.8%) at idle and during cranking or with pedal released.

What would cause it to idle fine in closed loop near operating temp but all of a sudden die and not want to start without pedal input?

I attached one log while it was running fine then stalling, the second log is trying to start immediately after with no luck.

Any help is appreciated, not sure if this is a PID issue or something else... Fuel trims are way off also. Thanks!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by StickyTune; 05-26-2020 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Didn't think I caught the stall but it was there

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    give this a try

you need to work on your VE's anytime your doing a cam swap

Mod may 25 MAS test.hpt
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Ok I will do some homework on VE.

That is much better, it will keep itself running easier now.

One log keeps itself running entirely. Second log I got it to stall, once it stalls it doesn't like to start without input or stay running.

Thanks alot for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files