Thread: New to tuning for the most part and my 2013 C63 AMG is where I'm going to learn.

Tuner in Training

New to tuning for the most part and my 2013 C63 AMG is where I'm going to learn.

As the title states I'm going to tune my 2013 C63 AMG. I'm fairly new to tuning, I only know enough to be dangerous with tuning I think. I do know engines very well, I understand the theory on tuning, and have been around performance vehicles my entire life. My plan here is to save the stock file, then build my tune on the street, head to the dyno, and compare the two files. I'll likely be on here keeping people updated, and asking for advise as I go. Any input, or reading material anyone can suggest ahead of time would be great! Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin9212 View Post
    As the title states I'm going to tune my 2013 C63 AMG. I'm fairly new to tuning, I only know enough to be dangerous with tuning I think. I do know engines very well, I understand the theory on tuning, and have been around performance vehicles my entire life. My plan here is to save the stock file, then build my tune on the street, head to the dyno, and compare the two files. I'll likely be on here keeping people updated, and asking for advise as I go. Any input, or reading material anyone can suggest ahead of time would be great! Thanks.
    This place is dead lol

if you want to learn how to tune. buy a standalone.

if you want to learn how to tune a platform specific brand of tuning suite...not sure i want to walk you through over 10,000 miles of tuning and over 300 tune files on how to tune for that specific tuning suite on that specific platform.

Honestly you don't want to use a Mercedes like this as a guinea pig for learning how to tune with HP. I've been tuning with HP tuners for over 3 years and I just bought a 2016 Mercedes CLS 550 biturbo 4matic and I just posted a thread asking for someone to help me with a stage 1 flash.. I hope you understand why I would say this to you. It scares the s*** out of me to even tune this car on my own because I've never tuned a Mercedes and I own it. It's better to ask and get help from people that know that's why we have these forums. If you want to practice on something go practice on a 15 year old dodge.

If you can't get anybody to help you and you're completely set in your ways and you are going to tune it yourself no matter what anybody says you can ask me my advice before you do something if you're not sure of and I'll do my best to help you.