Thread: Turbo Boost Gauge

Potential Tuner

Turbo Boost Gauge

Hi All,

I've been using TrackAddict and RaceRender for a bit now and for the most part, I love it. I'm having a bit of difficulty with RaceRender and I have searched everywhere that I can think of, but have yet to come up with a solution. I record with TrackAddict and when I review the video and data on the app, I can see the boost gauge overlay on the android app. When I move everything over I can not come up with a way to add a boost gauge in RaceRender. I have played around with many gauges and overlays, but I can not come up with a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Thomas

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgs911 View Post
    Hi All,

I've been using TrackAddict and RaceRender for a bit now and for the most part, I love it. I'm having a bit of difficulty with RaceRender and I have searched everywhere that I can think of, but have yet to come up with a solution. I record with TrackAddict and when I review the video and data on the app, I can see the boost gauge overlay on the android app. When I move everything over I can not come up with a way to add a boost gauge in RaceRender. I have played around with many gauges and overlays, but I can not come up with a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Thomas
    RaceRender seems to treat Speedometers and Tachometers specially but lumps most everything else into a generic "Gauge" category.

Under Display Objects, if you click Add, and then in the pop-up that comes up, click on Gauge, any of those would likely work. In the Display Object Properties, you'll need to choose the Field that corresponds to your boost (this is the most important part). You might also need to mess around with the Range in order for it to look like a reasonable range (but I think RaceRender generally does a good job of selecting the appropriate min and max; for my Fiesta ST, I get somewhere between -11 and 20 PSI). You could really choose any gauge, even a speedometer or tachometer, and as long as you choose your boost Field, then it will display that data (but there may be additional work getting everything to look really nice).

If you feel like making it look really fancy, you could even set the background to be an actual picture of your car's boost gauge and use the Gauge Designer to get everything to line up. That's how I made mine here: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ta-ST-Template

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    RaceRender seems to treat Speedometers and Tachometers specially but lumps most everything else into a generic "Gauge" category.

Under Display Objects, if you click Add, and then in the pop-up that comes up, click on Gauge, any of those would likely work. In the Display Object Properties, you'll need to choose the Field that corresponds to your boost (this is the most important part). You might also need to mess around with the Range in order for it to look like a reasonable range (but I think RaceRender generally does a good job of selecting the appropriate min and max; for my Fiesta ST, I get somewhere between -11 and 20 PSI). You could really choose any gauge, even a speedometer or tachometer, and as long as you choose your boost Field, then it will display that data (but there may be additional work getting everything to look really nice).

If you feel like making it look really fancy, you could even set the background to be an actual picture of your car's boost gauge and use the Gauge Designer to get everything to line up. That's how I made mine here: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ta-ST-Template

Thanks for the info. On my data field drop down I do not have a "boost" option. The closest thing I can come up with is "intake manifold pressure". With that being said, I know that I am recording boost data because it shows on TrackAddict. Thank you for all of your assistance thus far, I'm new to the program and I'm trying to figure all this out. I have attached a screenshot of the current setup that I have. Thanks again!

-Thomas
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgs911 View Post
    Thanks for the info. On my data field drop down I do not have a "boost" option. The closest thing I can come up with is "intake manifold pressure". With that being said, I know that I am recording boost data because it shows on TrackAddict. Thank you for all of your assistance thus far, I'm new to the program and I'm trying to figure all this out. I have attached a screenshot of the current setup that I have. Thanks again!

-Thomas
    Weird, I thought TrackAddict would be exporting that (it might actually be one of the Intake Manifold Pressure fields but mislabeled?). Fortunately, Boost is just Intake Manifold Pressure - Barometric Pressure. And Barometric Pressure is usually pretty close to a constant 14.7 PSI (at least close to sea level; this would change a lot if you are doing hill climbs, but otherwise it should essentially be a constant). If you click on your Input Data file, and click the Config button, you'll see a pop-up with a bunch of Data Settings for the Input File. At the bottom, you can add a custom field. Select the Intake Manifold Pressure as an Input Field, select Subtract, and put in 14.7. Then you can rename the field to Boost. You would need to do that for each video, but it should give you something really close to what you should expect.