Thread: 2020 Gladiator_Magnuson_VVT not following tables

Potential Tuner

2020 Gladiator_Magnuson_VVT not following tables

2020 Gladiator, Magnuson SC, catback exhaust, all else stock

After spending most of the holiday weekend trying to figure this out I've finally hit a wall and am hoping someone here will see something I don't. I had this truck on the dyno last week with no issues, but as soon as I hit the street I noticed something wasn't right. After 20-30 seconds of steady light throttle the truck seemed to buck. I could let off and it would go away, or give it a bit more throttle and it seemed to fight through it. The attached log shows the odd cam behavior at 2:53, 3:19, 3:48 and 4:13. When it happens (and you feel it every time) both intake and exhaust cams go to positions not commanded in any table I see, and on the exhaust side the scanner shows a significant error between actual and desired. Fuel trims also go big negative during the event. This happens with completely stock cam values, modified cam values, and with the ANN on or off.

At this point I'm just guessing what might be wrong (missing table in file, bad PCM, error with Maggie install, mechanical issue with VVT system, etc.) so any help is much appreciated.

2020 Gladiator_Magnuson_2BAR.hpt
    5-26 cam error log.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Update . . . today I had the HPT unlocked PCM dealer flashed to stock and with a fresh beta read the VVL enable/disable switch was visible in the file. That seems to have resolved the issue.

Tuner in Training
    Hi,

Can you elaborate on what changes exactly you made?

I have a JL with a similar problem.

Thanks!

did you change the oil viscosity?